cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: Problems with BT email using Outlook 2007

I haven't been having this problem for years. It only began in the last few months.

It all began with the so called "Unusual activity has been taking place on your account, please change your password" almost on a daily basis. That problem seems to have gone away but now it this being continually asked to enter your user ID and password nearly every day when trying to use Outlook. It wouldn't be so bad but entering your user ID and password has no affect whatsoever, it just keeps ask you to do it. And that's when the correct details are already entered in the first place. The only solution is to wait an hour, a few hours, a day, a few days ect and it will suddenly start working again all on its own. It just crazy.

Perhaps it's a ploy by BT to force you into using BT Mail via the home page for some reason. 

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 30

Would you believe I have just checked with Outlook and it's now working. Let's see how long it lasts. I should have checked before posting the above.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 30

Just cancel the popup and hit f9, works for me.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 30

Thanks for that suggestion, licquorice. I'll try it if there's a next time, and I'm sure there will be.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 30

BT Mail not working with Outlook 2007 again today. I'm sorry to say that F9 does nothing to solve the problem either.

Time to give up, I think!Man Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 30

I guess it depends on which of the many failure mechanisms you are experiencing.
0 Ratings
mavc116
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 30

After struggling for weeks to pick up email from BT's new servers using IMAP and Outlook 2010 (kept getting Your IMAP server closed the connection messages), I've given up and swapped back to the old BTYahoo server which works fine.

Come on BT, sort yourselves out.

I'm lucky that they don't seem to have closed my email accounts from the old server yet and so I can pick up emails from either.

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 30

My BT Yahoo Mail has worked perfectly with Outlook 2007 for the last few days but this morning it won't. Surely someone must know what's going on. If so will they please tell me!

0 Ratings
George99
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 30

It sarted to work around lunchtime. I assume it overslept!

0 Ratings
Gixx6r
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 30

I was sick of my emails not appearing in Outlook 2007. I have both POP and IMAP versions of the same account set up with the POP account set as the default. I am still not receiving emails properly, but at least I know its not stuck in the "other side" Its just BT that are useless.

0 Ratings