cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Problems with Outlook

I have a BT Premium account I am having problems sending and receiving messages from my main account using Outlook 2016. Neither can my Sony mobile send or receive using the the main account. I have 2 sub accounts which seem to work perfectly on my PC and Mobile. This has been a recurrent problem with BT emil

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems with Outlook

Have you set up OL according to Settings for outgoing and incoming BT email servers?

You'll need in OL to go down into More Settings .. and Advanced & Outgoing Server.

Who is your ISP?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I have not changed  settings on Outlook or my mobile phone. So as it was working yestereday I assume the setings are correct unless BT has changed something without informing me

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Probably just the usual glitches that seem to plague the mail system. I wouldn't make any changes to any settings and just wait it out. Presumably webmail access is still ok?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

It has been going on now for over 24 hours. I think that is waiting enough..................

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

There has been problems with BTYahoo over the past few days.

You could try and log onto your email account via webmail. This can sometimes clear it. If that doesn't help you are best to follow the advice that has already been given.

If you don't want to "wait it out" and you choose to contact BT they will no doubt advise you that if your webmail is working then the problem is with Outlook and there is nothing they can/will do to help you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

@lewisconquer wrote:

It has been going on now for over 24 hours. I think that is waiting enough..................

Hi.

Unfortunately this issue can last a few hours to a few days for some people.

You could try altering the servers the tha yahoo.co.uk ones :-

smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk (or .com)

and

pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk (or .com)

making sure your username/ID login is the full email address.

Just do this on one device, making note of the existing settings.

But as already mentioned, as it's just happened, you might need to just wait.

If you contact the helpdesk, they will propbably act as though it's the first time they've heard of the fault - or they will say it'll be fixed in 24-48 hours. It won't (in the general case), since there have been so many of these reports over the years. It will keep happening until BT investigate this problem, and I don't see that being done any time soon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

In the meantime BT pxxs off loads of customers and again shoot themselves in the foot over customer service.

The email team really all ought to be fired for their complete lack of empathy with their customers and for not even trying to pull the stops out.

What ever their internal stats are saying , xx number of call xxx cleared , they are clearly deluding themselves.

Not only am I having to login in to Yahoo daily but hourly now to even get a email and that's been going on for days whilst these bunch of incompetents carry on with the same tack "It's not us its our customers, we do have a paid for help service if you wish to sign up".  Sharp practice and one that further undermines BT's reputation.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Usual problem support outsourced to a call centre in India with people working from a script and no knowledge of what is really happening

0 Ratings