cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Problems with btinternet.com address

Go to solution

I have a contact who has sent me emails that have not arrived, they just disappear and do not go into spam. He says he has trouble with other btinternet.com email addresses as well. I have looked to see if I can 'whitelist' him, but could not see a way to do this. Is there anything I can do, or is the problem with the sender?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems with btinternet.com address

Go to solution

Check that you have not blocked the email address or the email domain (the part after @)

Log onto your BTMail account and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete".

If you have blocked the domain it is listed alphabetically in the blocked list.

You should also add his email address to your safe senders list which is found in the same way as the blocked senders list. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you. He is not on the blocked senders list and I have added him to the safe senders.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If that is the case have the sender send you an email to see if it gets through.

Presumably neither was the domain that the emails are being sent from was in the blocked senders list?

Can you post the domain name, not the full email address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

I am still not getting his email and his domain was not blocked either. His domain that is not working is:  wisebirding.co.uk

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

It may be that BT are blocking his domain for some reason.

Get him to check the following link and if need be get him to contact the BT Postmaster and advise them of the problem getting through to BT email addresses.

BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email | BT Help

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Get him to make sure his domain provider is using best practice for mail sending, in particular with regard to SPF, DMARC and DKIM settings. https://www.bt.com/help/email/fix-a-problem/sending-or-receiving-email/bt-email---best-practices-for...

Snap!

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

My contact has told me your advice has worked and I can now receive his emails! Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings