Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: Problems with btinternet.com email account

Tearing my hair out this afternoon.  A legthy and important email I was in the process of writing was interrupted by 'session timed-out'.  When I tried to get back in I was asked to update my username and password because of 'unusual activity' on my account.  I completed this procedure and logged in again, only to be asked to repeate the process, which I have done  'ad infinitum'.  I cannot get back into my email!   Four different new passwords have apparently been rejected.  This has cost me half a day's work.  I can do nothing more till I get home and (hopefully) access my wife's PC in the hope I am able to re-read my email messages.

I have been having problems ever since BT announced the change-over.  No one at BT SDupport seems interested in providing a solution: the replies I get from them are the answers to questions I have not asked!  Please can someone explain what is going on.  No technical language, please! 

Expert

They have problems with their servers[ the electronic equipment that processes your emai] This was dragged out of them by another poster on a different thread. You are not alone. Something that keeps on re  occurring wont be fixed with a "quick fix" I hope somebody comes up with a Permanent solution. But  its a "job in hand"

Contributor

Thanks for the reply!  Small consolation, but not your fault clearly. 

Tomorrow I shall have to grit my teeth and phone up the Hinglish speakers in Bangaluru/Bangalore or wherever.

Just what you don't want to start your working day!

Cheers

Geoff

Aspiring Contributor

Re: Disappointed customer - leaving due to BT's woeful attitude to customer service

I'd certainly welcome a new area to deal with the email changeover, if only to keep tabs on how it's going, and hear when I might expect to be switched. At the moment, my wife has recently been switched and has been having the problems as reported here, but I (the account holder) have not been switched and have not (so far) had any problems. That seems a funny way of doing it to me, and I don't like the sound of how it's going.

Expert

I wish you the VERY best of luck in dealing with India Geoff. I gave up .They dont understand me and I dont understand them and from contact with people by phone there are 100s like me all over the UK. They work to a crib sheet so if you get passed to another they start from scratch again . I have had 40% success with them. It certainly isnt helping BTs prestige. There is another UK service --but it costs. I must admit I am not a person  with too much patience when I have to go over the same thing again and again I get a mite upset.and its still not fixed. It was a learning curve for me it forced me to learn about my PC things I didnt bother with. So in that sense it was positive. I do my best not to contact them.  I think its because BT is so big its taking a while to transfer everybody over to CP[completely] 

Aspiring Contributor

My mail was vanishing whether I used outlook or webmail, it started in the summer when it was intermittent and then I found out nothing was being received at the other end. Looked at forums and found no answer, called India and was led a merry dance by a lady who had no idea what she was doing, ended up with her supervisor who evetually saw the problem and escalated it up to 'level 2' tech support. Don't laugh!

Anyway, the techie called last night and went through the same old routine, nothing was appearing in the sent folder on webmail so we ended up deleting the filter settings and other stuff on the webmail, HEY PRESTO... all the mail started popping up like a blocked stream had been opened up.

It works now but I'm going to stick to my Gmail account from now on. A pity really after decades using my BT email address. 

Try this: Go to "Options" and delete the "Blocked addresses" and "Filters", make sure you don't have "Forwarding" selected.

My thoughts on this? It may be coincidental but the time it started going wrong was when they were migrating us from Yahoo to Critical Path.

Beginner

Re: Disappointed customer - leaving due to BT's woeful attitude to customer service

Ditch adverts all together! Switch to Firefox browser, install Adblock Plus add-on then Bob's your proverbial Father's Brother!
No more annoying ads on any webpage.
Oh, also install the BT Mail add-on that takes you straight to email from an icon in your browser menu.
Contributor

I realise your thread is from 2013 but I have been having the same problem.......having said that, as far as I am aware....only one particular company that I email (regularly) is not receiving my emails; months ago, they were receiving them when I sent via webmail (but not via MS Outlook); I haven't tested more recently whether they are receiving via webmail......I need to do that! but suffice to say *everyone* else who I email from my Outlook progamme receives my mail.

What is going on? 

Contributor

Just to add: I tried sending an email from my Yahoo Mail web based mail and the recipient who has not been receiving my Outlook mail *has* received my web based email.....what is the explanation for this? All of my other recipients can receive mail from both.

I too am having major problems trying to sort my BT issues out, The time out is driving me mad, the page keeps loading when I am emailing, my emails disappear at times, I am receiving so much spam in my inbox and when I mark it as spam I am receiving delivery notices saying can't be delivered, I have gont to bt chat and got nowhere, I went to CEO's technical team and was told they are working on it only to find they have been working on it for almost a year - I was spoken to so rudely by technical chappie from chairman's office that I logged a complaint and asked for recording of call only to be told BT does not record the calls which I am not buying and still trying to to obtain a copy of the call, when I mentioned that they mis sold this service to me when I renewed my account a few months back telling me about the wonderful features of email their reply is that email is a free service and they don't have to supply us with this email so they did not mis sell - they told me to use another mail client and when I asked them if they 100% supported that they said no but refused to put that in writing to me when I requested it and refused to put in writing that email is a free service and we are not paying for that service on our broadband although it does tell us on bt home page what we get when we sign up, this whole thing is a nightmare, I have been with Bt for years and it seems they have lost interest in what their customer's think, It is hard to believe that all my other email accounts work properly yet a leading Telecommunications Company cannot get it right and on top of that insult their customers when we complain