cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Problems with sent emails.

All my sent emails have disappeared and new ones are only retained for one day before disappearing.Possibly this has happened since recent BT Yahoo update.Any idea how to reset to full history and retrieve lost items

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 13

Re: Problems with sent emails.

Are you using an e-mail client configured for imap on any of your devices? 

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

As a 75 year old non techy person I am sorry but I don't know the answer to this question.To the best of my knowledge I've done nothing in recent weeks that could have caused the problem and certainly nothing involving imap

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

In simple terms could someone please explain what "email client configured for imap" means?

Thank you

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

@RichardT09 wrote:

In simple terms could someone please explain what "email client configured for imap" means?

Thank you

Do you access your email on more than one device and do you do use a web browser or by some other means?

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for the prompt response.I only use my laptop and with Google Chrome.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

@RichardT09wrote:

Thank you

IMAP in simple terms as requested

There's two ways you can access your emails;
1. via your browser (e.g. Chrome)
2. via an email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook)

An email client can be setup to synchronise with the email server so that whatever emails exist on the server also exist on your laptop.
The drawback of this method for the unwary is that any emails you delete from your laptop are automatically deleted from the server (keeping the server synchronised with your laptop)
My thinking was that this was the cause of your problem.

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thanks for the explanation.My concern is that until recently all sent emails were saved and certainly did not disappear on a daily basis.I don't think that I've done anything to cause the change.

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

My emails sent on Sunday are now still in my Sent file whereas previously they were disappearing daily.Hopefully this will continue but where are all my sent emails from this year and previously?

0 Ratings
RichardT09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Since my message on Monday all recent sent emails have disappeared with only today's visible.I must be able to refer to sent emails.Bright ideas please before I consider changing from BT.

0 Ratings