cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrumpyDad
Message 1 of 1

Random loss of BT email on Apple devices..

I have a BT broadband package and use BTYahoo email in Mail on two Apple devices - an iMac and an iPhone. At irregular intervals I lose my service for anything from a few hours to a couple of days. Seems to be getting more frequent. Cannot receive or send emails and I get a range of error messages -

"Mail was unable to connect to server “mail.btinternet.com” using SSL on the default ports. Verify that this server supports SSL and that your account settings are correct.

"The user name and password specified in Mail preferences were not accepted by the server.

"<IMAPConnection: 0x7fc03bc44d20> (Disconnected) account: <MFIMAPAccount: 0x7fc03bf016b0> xxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com mail.btinternet.com (9860F001-8A0D-40CF-8701-CFAD9C2FA26E) [Disconnected] lost connection to socket

“The attempt to read data from the server ‘mail.btinternet.com’ failed.”

"The attempt to read data from the server “(null)” failed.

I have not altered ANY settings or passwords in ages and I can always access my emails via webmail on the BT website, suggesting that my login details are fine. Members of my family with 'subsidiary' email addresses have no issues. Have spoken to BT in the past and get gibberish about 'multiple login attempts'. Help!
0 Ratings