cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Accessing BTinternet email account settings to change reply-to address for webmail

Hi Nick

I have the same issue with my account when I sent emails from my pc (iPad/phone are fine) but my pc automatically directs replies to a different name (one initial changed).

How can I get this changed as it sounds like I can’t do it myself.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Accessing BTinternet email account settings to change reply-to address for webmail

When you say your email on your PC automatically replies to a different name. Do you mean the replies go to a different email account or that the name given on your email account is different. ie it replies to "Joe" instead of "Bill" albeit the email address is correct.

If it goes to a different email account you will need to check that you do not have "Forwarding" set up on your email account.

See link

Setting up auto-forward in BT Mail | BT Help

If it is that the name is wrong you need to log onto your email account and go to the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then go to "Profile" and check what is entered there and if need be change it and click "Save".

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for replying.  The issue is not one I can amend.  The pc automatically changes the “reply to” address (instead of a.b.smith it replies to a.n. smith - an example not real address so I never receive email and they bounce for the sender).  There is no longer a setting of reply to so I cannot change this myself.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@RT3wrote:

Thanks for replying.  The issue is not one I can amend.  The pc automatically changes the “reply to” address (instead of a.b.smith it replies to a.n. smith - an example not real address so I never receive email and they bounce for the sender).  There is no longer a setting of reply to so I cannot change this myself.

Thanks

The reply-to feature was removed sometime in late 2019, and BT did this with scant regard for anyone who had it set. They told no-one, and did NOT remove this setting when the feature was turned off (in webmail). By turned off, it was not offered when accounts were migrated from BTYahoo - that was the issue.

BT have still not fixed this issue and it needs correcting for anyone with this setting in webmail.

Although it may be a small amount of affected people, there is a chance some send emails to people and get no replies, potentially causing them issues of lost information etc.

This needs moderator intervention, though you can bet that this will not be chased any further than individual cases when they are reported.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Good morning @RT3 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your reply-to address when sending your emails.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings