cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: All of my emails over 1 week old have disappeared today from my inbox (several 100).

Mine have disappeared today from my inbox. I haven't deleted them, they were there yesterday and today gone.  Nothing in my trash. I take welfare emails for a charity so it is very concerning. Can a moderator give an explanation or will it be ignored like all the other similar posts

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: All of my emails over 1 week old have disappeared today from my inbox (several 100).

This has happened to my parents BT email as well, so a response would be good

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I haven't had an answer but I think it happened when we were moved on to the new format/system

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Same just happened to me.

I had emails in my deleted box going back to 2016/2017 but now only have those going back to March 2024. This has happened within the last few days.

Contacted Support in Warrington who told me it was nothing to do with them and told me to revise my filing system.

They were very patronising and said if I wanted to retain the emails then I should not have put them in my deleted box.  My view is they had no right to empty it, with or without notice (which I did not receive)  

I just need my emails back. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Lost emails

I have also lost emails.  I have lost a whole folder of over 200 quite important emails and my trashbox now only goes back to September last year, whereas it went  back  years and years before. 

I don't know how I could delete a whole folder (I have checked each and every folder to ensure it hasn't moved to a sub folder etc, and even if I did delete by accident, then it is not in my trash.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but it is this year sometime.

It seems it has happened to quite a few people. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Re: Lost emails

@kmoor 

If a folder has been deleted it might not show in the Trash folder. You may have to click on an arrow > to the left of the Trash folder to show it.

If the emails are not in the Trash folder it means that they have been deleted from from the BT servers and can not be recovered.

Not much help now but you should not use the Trash folder as a storage folder. It can be emptied at anytime. Apparently a while back BT were going to empty the Trash folder on a 30 day rolling program similar to gmail however I don't know if this was implemented.

If you do not want to delete the emails you should create and place them into a "Pending" folder in your "My Folders" section.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Lost emails

I think you have misread my email.  I do not use the Trash folder as a storage folder.  The folder was in my folders and it just disappeared.  It is not in trash - it has just gone. (other people seem to be having similar problems)

Occasionally and it seems to happen more with the new system, emails seem to be put in trash when I didn't think I had done so.  I have never been too worried to make sure there is nothing in trash that shouldn't be because I know I can retrieve them from the trash, but not any longer it seems.

Perhaps it would be best to leave everything in the inbox!

0 Ratings