Did you mean: 
brendonxfx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Re: Android clients not sending emails

Same thing is happening to me.

Works on Outlook on PC

Works on BT Webmail

But anything on my Android it won't send.

Also my email keeps locking and I have to log into BT Webmail to unlock it

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was over a year old and was marked as solved.

Any replies you get should now be relevant to your problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 19

are you an existing BT broadband customer or do you have premium email?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
brendonxfx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Used to be a BT Broadband. Kept the email.

Moving this thread won't let anyone know the back story now so what you have done doesn't help me thank you.

Maybe let BT Staff decide whether to move it instead of customers who have privileges.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 19

It was moved because the thread you posted on was marked as solved which obviously yours is not. It also allows you to fill in on your own thread what you have done and what Android device etc that you have.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

As you are no longer a BT broadband customer are you paying for premium email so you can retain your email address?  If not then you have been downgraded to basic email which is only accessible by using web mail and not using apps on mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

@brendonxfx wrote:

Moving this thread won't let anyone know the back story now so what you have done doesn't help me thank you.

In relation to the solved thread that you did post on along with the fact it was marked a solved it also specified other points that were relevant to the OP which may not be relevant to you but just to be sure :- 

The OP of that thread has his email account on the BTYahoo email system not the BTMail system. Is yours on BTYahoo?

The OP of that thread also tried different email apps. Which ones have you tried?

The OP was using a Samsung S8. Are you?

The OP tried the Samsung email app and it initially worked but subsequently stopped. Did your do the same?

The OP has other BT email accounts that were  working OK, Do you have others and are they working?

0 Ratings
brendonxfx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

@imjolly  It works on Outlook on my PC which is not Webmail It's set up the same way.

@gg30340 people are not going to know the back story. I wrote it there so people actually knew what my post was about. You a non BT staff member decided to move it. Please move it back before I report you for doing so without my consent.

0 Ratings
brendonxfx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

@imjolly I left BT Broadband like 2 maybe 3 years ago this issue has only just started.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Outlook will also stop working shortly, BT are migrating email to a new system and are getting tougher with non-paying 'customers'.

0 Ratings