cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datadiffusion
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Email Move Off Yahoo Servers and Resulting Problems & Implications of Stricter Secu

We are about to move away from BT and then ASAP, from BT Premium Mail once we've worked out the last few emails / registrations to change over to gmail.

Just before that though, I had to move my partners (I say we, its actually only my partner that sues the BT mail) iMac and iPhone over to IMAP.

I cannot see what I have done wrong - and noticed similar complaints from other people - but deleted messages are not being syncronised between the two accounts! All folders are syncronised corerctly if emails are moved etc... but not deleted.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Yahoo Email Move Off Yahoo Servers and Resulting Problems & Implications of Stricter Secu

@datadiffusionwrote:

We are about to move away from BT and then ASAP, from BT Premium Mail once we've worked out the last few emails / registrations to change over to gmail.

Just before that though, I had to move my partners (I say we, its actually only my partner that sues the BT mail) iMac and iPhone over to IMAP.

I cannot see what I have done wrong - and noticed similar complaints from other people - but deleted messages are not being syncronised between the two accounts! All folders are syncronised corerctly if emails are moved etc... but not deleted.

There have been recent reports that Apple devices may have issues connecting when the password contains "special characters", so if you do have these - then perhaps try without.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

@Andy_N wrote:

@datadiffusionwrote:

There have been recent reports that Apple devices may have issues connecting when the password contains "special characters", so if you do have these - then perhaps try without.

Why would an Apple device have problems with "special characters" if they are allowed to be used in passwords by the BT email systems. Surely it is the BT system that decides how "complex" a password can be and not Apple. 

0 Ratings
datadiffusion
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

That's not the issue - she can log in just fine.

It's soley the syncronisation of deleted items that is the issue. But not for long, so not too bothered.

Incidentally, the problem with the calendar (CalDav) login apparently IS that Apple mangle the login string, it's a known issue they have no issue of correcting. Had the CalDav user name not been 'user@domain' and just 'user' it would work.

That was easy to correct we just copied and pasted the calendar over to iCloud and used Apples own servers to sync it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I have moved you onto your own thread because it is a different issue from the thread you posted on.

0 Ratings