cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sterrynd
Message 1 of 2

Re: BT Yahoo Premium Mail

Hi,
How do you apply for BT Yahoo Premium Mail and associate the application with an existing @btinternet.com e-mail account?
I only got the option to create a new account and an error when I tried to re-use my existing e-mail account.

Thanks
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Yahoo Premium Mail

Try these instructions instead.

Moving from BT e-mail to Premium Mail   -  by forum member alcook101

Following moving from BT Broadband to another supplier I wanted to keep my btinternet email addresss.

Having just wasted a lot of time trying to get this sorted out, this how I got it sorted out.

THE FOLLOWING DOES NOT WORK:

1) The BT website options do not work. The web page is not set up for chrome. When using internet explorer it just came up with "problem with account" when I tried to log in.

2) Ringing 0800-633-5335 - option 3 - the operator (David) did not really know what he was doing and I got nowhere. In the usual BT way was very polite and the same time completely unhelpful.

THE FOLLOWING WORKED:

In the end I rang 0800-633-5335 option 2. I got through to someone called "Sid".

He eventually took my mobile number and rang through to another department to "downgrade" my email. This is a requirement of BT before upgrading to BT Premium email.

Sid rang me back and said it was all sorted and that the charge was £ 1.54 per month. Therefore my emails and the email address would be preserved.

He said there was a fault with the system in which a password change would be asked for. He said to ignore this - for this situation password change is not required.

Sid then said that billing would be separate and could not be included on a BT bill. Therefore bank details were required.

This didn't sound too good, however I didn't have much choice. 

When logging into my email I then got this message:

Service Change

Thank you for changing services.
With this service change, you will be receiving the following level of service:
PRODUCT LEVEL OF SERVICE

Mailbox Storage Unlimited primary, Unlimited sub

Photo Storage Unlimited

Number of Sub Accounts

0 Ratings