cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Yahoo! Suddenly hijacking my Yahoo! email

I have the same issue. I have been using my btinternet.com account for over ten years now it wasnt me to verify my identity and I go to the bt change passpword and it times out ever time. I have tried to reset on numerous devices. called BT and am at a loss. I cannot retreive my email account. Driving me crazy, please help TQ
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

I have moved you onto your own thread because you do not have the same issue as the OP of the thread you posted. He was a Yahoo customer and  nothing to do with BT. His email log on was being directed to BT where as you do have a BT email account.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

@janemfraser1 wrote:
I have the same issue. I have been using my btinternet.com account for over ten years now it wasnt me to verify my identity and I go to the bt change passpword and it times out ever time. I have tried to reset on numerous devices. called BT and am at a loss. I cannot retreive my email account. Driving me crazy, please help TQ

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you try the direct change password link :-

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/chpasswdsso

(if that's different to what you may have already tried).

Resetting password on devices won't help unless you've altered the password directly on the system. If you then try email access, it can effectively lock you out for a period of time, and may cause a different response for too many invalid attempts.

Can you say if you always check for emails on a regular basis.

0 Ratings