cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT emails

The number of issues I have had with BT emails are of biblical proportions. My latest one is today, 11th January 2022. Every other website on my PC opens quickly and quite normally. BT emails do not. It takes literally 4 minutes to log in. Then, to read an email and reply takes a further2 minutes. When conducting personal business this is extremely inconvenient and inefficient. I have shut down the computer and rebooted it. I have rebooted the Broadband (although this does not appear to be the problem). It's still exactly the same.

My problems with BT emails reached such a point that I contacted the CEO of BT directly. Obviously this is not his pay-scale but he did inform the BT email team. They contacted me and are supposed to be resolving the problems, et al. However, this is a new one today.

I have just contacted the BT Help line which was less than useless. Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies from your browser. If the browser allows it, make sure you clear it "From all time".

0 Ratings
Terrior
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've tried all sorts of things.
To be fair, BT email team did get back to me. We discussed the problems. They telephoned me back again last night and they will ring back again tomorrow morning. Gmail and every other website open without problem but BT mails remains the same. In the meantime nothing has changed, however, there have been times (this morning being one of them) when the BT Log In will not communicate by either the Tab or via Google, on my PC, or my Laptop which is completely separate and uses Safari. My Samsung phone does communicate and I have had to use that until 11:00am this morning, Sunday 16th January, when it has now communicated again.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

For information, there appeared to have been a problem logging onto the BTMail service this morning that has now been resolved.

Rather than using a web browser to access your emails have you considered using the correct tool for the job, ie an email client/app.

You can get free email clients/apps for for laptops and mobile devices. BT actually make for BTMail and it can be found on the Apple store and the Google play store.  

You could also use the email client BlueMail or Thunderbird.

If you choose to use an email client/app you do not need to access your email on a web browser and you will in my opinion find it a faster and better user experience than using a web browser.

If you do decide to use an email app the settings that you may need to set it up are here.

Set up your BT Email | How to access your email | BT Help

If you set the email client/app up as an IMAP account it will synchronise across all your devices. ie. if you delete an email on one device it will be deleted automatically on all your other devices.