cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterraikman
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Cannot attach files

[ I am replying to your message which says something like " go into basic email " by going to email settings. ]

Where do I find this, please ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

In the top right hand corner of the screen is a cogwheel symbol labelled settings. Click on that and then at the bottom of the pop up that opens click 'more settings'. At the bottom left of the screen that opens click on 'switch to basic mail'.

This is only applicable to BTYahoo mail not BTMail.

0 Ratings
peterraikman
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

There is a cogwheel, but it is called tools

When I click on it does not lead in any way to settings or more settings

My computer runs on windows 10

I believe that there are two or three versions of BT, my one's header looks likeBT circled line Yahoo ! mail header.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You are already in 'basic mail' mode.

0 Ratings
peterraikman
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

So what. It means nothing to me. I am trying to give information about my computer system so that BT can sort it out.

Repeat - for several weeks now I have been unable to attach pictures as attachments to emails.

[ And you state that I am on "basic email". What is that, and why have I been changed, and what difference does it make ? ]

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Your question as posted asked how to get to 'Basic Mail', I informed you how to achieve this. You subsequently posted a screenshot showing that you are already in 'basic mail' mode. This is a user option, and you must have selected it at some point. If you wish to revert to the newer interface, click on the 'Switch to the newest BTYahoo' which is clearly shown in your screenshot. Try that version and see if you still have problems with attachments.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@peterraikman 

as you are in basic mode just go to compose to start new email then on right side of page is 'attach files'

this is a customer help customer forum and everyone here apart from mods are customers just like you   you post does not go to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings