cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stsxt05
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Cannot log in to BT Email

I am having trouble too, I can log into webmail ok, but I am using Windows 10 ( fully up to date) and Outlook 2019. The strange thing is I have a BT Mail sub account in my Outlook profile already which is working fine, but my primary account simply refuses to log in , been at it for days and seriously getting fed up with the BT lack of expertise to fix issues with passwords and authentication. I cant spend my life trying to fix this , and Im sure BT will say its a MIcrosoft issue, but from their perspective the fact that I have another BT account working fine in the Outlook 2019 platform will almost certainly push me back towards BT ! It would be good if BT invested some serious time resolving this issue and perhaps work with Microsoft to make this relationship easier for the end customer, Microsoft after all are a Gold Partner with BT so why can they not get this simple stuff to work? I have tried both POP3 and IMAP settings oads of times and im fed up with changing my password of which there is nothing wrong with it anyway! Laughably Im ex BT now retired but this makes no difference and Im gonna look at Google if this stuff doesnt get fixed, I have a life away from my PC now and refuse to be a slave to this damn keyboard. Will this get fixed this week? unlikely me thinks....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
stsxt05
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Neil

FYI my issue has been resolved this morning, I havent changed anything my end so I assume BT has fixed the issue post the bank holiday break, frustrating that the BT service status wasnt published so we all didnt start thinking the issue was elsewhere?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@stsxt05 Thanks for the update, I'm glad your email is now working ok again and i'm really sorry about the inconvenience caused to you as a result of that.

I hope you don't mind I've moved your post away from the other thread as the problem you were having with accessing your email via an email client isn't related to the sign in issues being reported by the other customers on that thread. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
stsxt05
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

No worries
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@stsxt05wrote:

Neil

FYI my issue has been resolved this morning, I havent changed anything my end so I assume BT has fixed the issue post the bank holiday break, frustrating that the BT service status wasnt published so we all didnt start thinking the issue was elsewhere?

BT have NOT fixed the general issue, which has been reported time after time in this forum. A quick glance through and you will see them.

The problem doesn't affect everyone, hence no service status.

If you see the other posts, the recommendation from forum regulars is do nothing, no password changes, no settings changes or app/client removal/re-add or account removal etc.

As you can see, that advice to do nothing is the correct advice since your access has returned.

BT are useless in accepting that this is fault. Never rely on the helpdesk, twitter or online chat, always come to the forums

0 Ratings