cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graywallis
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

Re: Domain Name forwarding not reaching btinternet mailbox

I too have the same problem. Forwarding emails from a 123Reg domain sometimes works just fine but ofter fails (they recently moved their webhost platform) which had up till now worked as expected. How do you set up the BT interface to accept forwarded emails?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 14

@graywalliswrote:

I too have the same problem. Forwarding emails from a 123Reg domain sometimes works just fine but ofter fails (they recently moved their webhost platform) which had up till now worked as expected. How do you set up the BT interface to accept forwarded emails?

Hi.

Unless you specifically need to forward to the BTinternet email address, set up a Gmail account and change/add the forwarding to that.

There is nothing to setup to receive forwarded emails, it's just that BTinternet email isn't very good.

0 Ratings
MoMuz
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Hi Graywallis,

I've also experienced this over the weekend and I'm still only receiving some emails - not all. I've also tested and sent emails from legit email (my work email) and I don't receive them. I don't even get a bounce back at my work address. Some other emails do get through

So something has changed over the weekend.

Anyone else? BT, do you know what has changed that may cause an issue for domain forwarded emails?

Thank you.

M.
UTS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Im another 123 reg customer that has suddenly started seeing rejected emails related to forwarding.

This needs resolving as it worked fine until recent days and i want to use my primary email to receive forwarding and not go making up other email accounts, i shoudnt have to.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 14

@UTSwrote:

Im another 123 reg customer that has suddenly started seeing rejected emails related to forwarding.

This needs resolving as it worked fine until recent days and i want to use my primary email to receive forwarding and not go making up other email accounts, i shoudnt have to.

I agree you shouldn't have to, but it's easy to set up a free Gmail account, easy to add that to the forwarding in 123reg and you will start to receive the emails.

If and when it returns to normal with your BTinternet account, you won't have lost anything.

0 Ratings
piran27
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

I'm also a 123reg customer and my Email forwarding to BT has stopped working - some Emails come through and some don't (and the worst part is that I don't know which are not coming through.)

0 Ratings
UTS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

I think the situation is totally unacceptable and BT need to sort this out, yet again.  I have read numerous messages on here and elsewhere regarding the same problem over at least 18 months. 

I urge people to complain to  postmaster@btinternet.com to get this fixed.

There is no issue with using other email forwarding, so its 100% a BT problem.

0 Ratings
CJ1045
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

We too use 123 Reg forwarding and it/BT has gone wonky over the weekend. Some mails getting through. IRONICALLY a mail sent from out BT Mail account to Ourselves was also rejected

BT need to fix ASAP

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

I just find it totally incomprehensible why anyone would wish to forward domain name emails to a btinternet address rather than collect it directly or forward to Gmail.
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 14

@UTSwrote:

I think the situation is totally unacceptable and BT need to sort this out, yet again.  I have read numerous messages on here and elsewhere regarding the same problem over at least 18 months. 

I urge people to complain to  postmaster@btinternet.com to get this fixed.

There is no issue with using other email forwarding, so its 100% a BT problem.

The postmaster will not do anything, all that team does is invidual cases, and doesn't consider any others. The mail team are attrocious. Just use Gmail.

0 Ratings