Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Re: Email 550 Spam or Phishing or malware reply

Go to solution

Confused by this error - I have tried to reply via  both Outlook and BT Web Mail and got similar failures - the failed message is my reply to a thread of 3 messages each of which have been previously processed by my Outlook/BT Mail account. The content is innocuous - in fact a single sentence. 

Something weird is going on here with BT Mail!

Update : Just tried same thing from BT Mail App on smartphone and it was sent and received OK - curiouser and curiouser

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @jethro I'm sorry to see you're getting the 550 error when sending email. We'll be able to ask our email experts to take a look at the server logs to see why this is happening and I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can send over your details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @jethro, the email team believes they've resolved this problem for you. Please would you test and let me know if it's fixed or are you still getting the error?

Cheers

John

jethro
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Tried it out - seems to be OK - just to clarify =, lots of other messages sent around the time of the original message were sent OK.

Thanks for sorting 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @jethro ,

Thanks for letting us know we got this sorted. Post back if you have any other problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings