cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Re: Email Account Deleted

BT deleted my account, a day after I access it and sent an email.

I have seen they have restored access to paying customers; but anyone like me that just had an account lost everything. 20yrs with of peoples contact info and important emails.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

If you are not a BT Broadband customer or paying for BT Premium email you could try contacting 0808 100 6778 and ask if they can re-instate your email account if you take out a BT Premium email account.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/~/what-is-bt-premium-mail-and-how-do-i-get-it%3...

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Does this have any bearing on my main BT email account which was deleted 6 months ago?  If not, then not sure why a 6-month old topic has been resurrected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Shall we start a new thread on deleted accounts? 

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

It depends.  Was your email account deleted due to inactivity? If not, I'd suggest starting a new thread.

I was fed up of arguing that BT shouldn't have deleted my email account, but met with lame excuses so I gave up and considered the topic closed ( can't remember - did I mark a response as a solution?).  However, if this new development, which I don't fully understand, changes that situation so that I may, even at this late stage, get my account re-activated then I'd be delighted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have moved you onto your own thread to stop confusion.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@Jkseddon2019wrote:

BT deleted my account, a day after I access it and sent an email.

I have seen they have restored access to paying customers; but anyone like me that just had an account lost everything. 20yrs with of peoples contact info and important emails.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As has been indicated, if you're not a BTBroadband or BT Premium Email customer, your email address can be deleted at any time. As a forum regulars we see similar reports from time to time, and sometimes a few at a time - indicating BT run some form of clean up robot that deletes account that are not associated with a broadband or paid for account. (T&Cs also state that unused email accounts for 90 days, then a further 60 days for resurrection, will be deleted).

If you only use webmail to access your emails with contacts then you can easily lose the whole lot. You may be lucky to get the account back as gg30340 has said, but it may not.

People do need to make a backup of their emails and contacts, and to do this you need to use a mail client or app (or more than one). Many many people have lost their stuff by only using webmail.

0 Ratings