Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Email account suspended and unable to unlock

Go to solution
Hi Guys
I am having an identical problem & need some urgent help with the reason that BT has detected some “suspicious activity on my email account”. Currently I am on a cruise ship on the Red Sea and when last on land I used a VPN app to check my Lottery Account & also emails at the same time which I suspect triggered the above BT alert.
I have tried the standard routine reset procedure with DOB/Postcode/Security Question which allowed me to request a PIN to reset the account.
But my problem is being at sea for next 3 days the txts are not coming through, neither is an email to my secondary BT account that I set up as my recovery email despite being able to access the secondary/recovery email address that is working perfectly.
Any help or pointers would be appreciated.....!!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @simonjedrake,

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get into your account. It does sound like you're affected by our security measures. I've sent you a private message so we can help you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Is there a reason this seems to affect some users? Is it because someone is trying to login to the email account, but getting the password wrong, and causing lockout? That could be completely innocent of course.

Would someone using a VPN cause this issue, since the IP address could easily alter when they login to their computer/device.

0 Ratings
simonjedrake
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you everyone for your replies.
Delighted to say that email is now restored using the BT online chat facility who was able to txt me a Pin as I was near enough to land to obtain reception.
Though I still have a 2 day gap of “missing” emails which I was hoping would appear overnight.....?

My theory on why the BT security system decided my account had suspicious activity was that within a 10 minute period of time I had logged into my BT email from an Egyptian IP address shortly followed by a U.K. IP address via my VPN app - so the BT security system would naturally flag me up as being in two parts of the world at the same time.
Just my logical thoughts.....!!
0 Ratings