cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Email alias

Hi @DanielS 

Any update on adding aliases to the webmail client. Is this at least added to the roadmap?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @d_j,  welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. I've checked and it is not on the roadmap at present. May I ask what scenario would you like to use the alias?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @JohnC2 

Thank you for your reply and welcome. I have multiple domains that I forward email to my BT inbox and would like to send out emails with those addresses.

I was doing this for years before BT took this feature away after the migration from Yahoo Mail. It's a real pain that BT didn't retain this feature.

I've been procrastinating trying to find a suitable alternative and wanted to check if there was any hope that BT would finally bring it back. Ideally I'd like a web client that can handle aliases so I only need to configure this once.

My domain provider offers a basic web client which is poor or paid for exchange and both don't offer aliases. Gmail does but I don't like the interface.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks @d_j  for asking the question and @JohnC2  for responding.

I am in a very similar position with multiple domains which all forwarded to my BTYahoo mail, from which I could respond with any of the corresponding alias addresses - that worked extremely well for a good 20 years.

Now I've had to forward some to my Office 365 email system and others to a new Yahoo mail account, while having to retain my BTmail system. None work as well as the original BTYahoo mail. Outlook also had difficulties, Gmail was a possibility, but I too am uncomfortable with Gmail's characteristics. I also have a University email address and it's impossible to keep up to date on all those systems without missing some emails. 

It would be wonderful to see this facility reinstated in BTmail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @d_j and @MikeJ2, the email team has explained to me that btinternet.com is really designed as a consumer email platform for customers sending and receiving from a btinternet.com address.

You may be better suited on a business email platform and as you know some clients do support the use of aliases.

Cheers
John 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks John - we understand this and, sadly, had minimal hope or expectation.
The disappointment is that BT claimed their new Mail system to be an improvement - but it's quite the reverse.
Originally (20 years or so ago) the BT system gave me free web-space. Since then there has been a succession of deteriorations in service - not impressive, especially to a share-holder. How much did it cost to develop and manage this inferior system?
Thanks for trying. Mike
0 Ratings