cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Email due to be downgraded

Hi 

I too have the "due to be downgraded" message against my one and only email account listed on the Manage emails page in My BT, I have used this account for the last 10 years and regularly access my email via web email, my phone and outlook. The email address is also my BT ID.

I discovered this when I tried to set up email on a new ipad and was unsuccessful with this email address.

I could well imagine that my BT id and email address have not been linked correctly as about 6 years ago I had 2 BT accounts at the same time for two different addresses for several months when moving house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I am and have been a broadband customer for the last  10 years and have always used the same email address and have accessed my emails every day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Can you log onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "Mail, manage". Is the email account showing there and if it is what status and type of account is it showing for the email address? 

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

When I go into "Manage Email" under "Your products" I select my BT account number in the top right hand corner and select "Account Holder 1" , my email address is displayed  (I only have one), it is the favourite address and then to the right of the email address, in white letters on a background of red, it states "Due to be downgraded". I click on "Go to favourite mailbox" and my web mail opens and the emails today and before are displayed.  Hope this helps, Thx

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Is the MyBT that your email account is showing in your current BT Broadband account or is it showing in the previous BT account?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

It is showing under the new account. I do not get the option to select the old account in the Manage email page. If I select the old account and then select Your Products I do not get the option to select Manage email in Included in your product as I do not have broadband (or anything else) linked to this account. This would have been the email address linked to the account when it was open.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

If it is showing under your present BT Broadband account it should mean that it is associated with that account and should not be "downgraded" except if you were not logging onto it via webmail at least once in a 90 day period.

Given that you have said that you have been using the email account via webmail it would appear to be a problem that none of the forum members will be able to resolve for you.

There was a problem a while back when the "downgrade" message was activating and it took the intervention of the moderators to resolve it. I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Message 9 of 9

Hi @nh07 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you're getting a message saying your email account is going to be downgraded.  @gg30340  is absolutely spot on here, as it's associated to your broadband account that message definitely shouldn't be showing.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings