cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TEECEYGIRL
Message 1 of 3

Re: Forum not accepting btinternet.com email addresses?

No mention is made of MacMail in the announcement which reached me today via email. MacMail is easy to use, but I find BT Yahoo very clumsy.  Does anybody know if we can continue to use Mac Mail with btinternet.com address in future.

Took computer to Apple Store couple of weeks ago as I had been having trouble with Mail. (Mac). I was told it might be better to use a private acount - i already had GMail account which I rarerly use. Set up GMail main account but that stopped working properly. Long online conversation with BT technician who took over my screen and reset the whole thing for me.

Am going to take computer back to Apple with copy of that email to see what they make of it. I hate using BT Yahoo to write and receive emails.

Is it just me?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

MacMail and BT Yahoo!

The problem in this thread, which is now resolved, had nothing to do with email clients; it was related specifically to communcations between the forum and BT Yahoo! accounts, irrespective of how they were accessed.

Though I'm not a Mac user, as far as I know MacMail should work with BT Yahoo! accounts. I'm moving your post to the Other BB Queries board, where you should get some relevant advice.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Forum not accepting btinternet.com email addresses?

@TEECEYGIRL wrote:

No mention is made of MacMail in the announcement which reached me today via email. MacMail is easy to use, but I find BT Yahoo very clumsy.  Does anybody know if we can continue to use Mac Mail with btinternet.com address in future.

Took computer to Apple Store couple of weeks ago as I had been having trouble with Mail. (Mac). I was told it might be better to use a private acount - i already had GMail account which I rarerly use. Set up GMail main account but that stopped working properly. Long online conversation with BT technician who took over my screen and reset the whole thing for me.

Am going to take computer back to Apple with copy of that email to see what they make of it. I hate using BT Yahoo to write and receive emails.

Is it just me?

Hi.

Macmail works fine with BTinternet email addresses, there is nothing wrong with your Apple.

The Apple store has given you completely misguided information about email.

What exactly is the problem you are having ? Do you receive any error messages ? What are you referring to with regard to the subject title about forum not accepting btinternet addresses ?

0 Ratings