cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YvonneR
Beginner
Message 21 of 26

Re: Impossible to use client mail programs (Outlook on PC or Mail app on IPhone with my bt email add

Go to solution

After a month on the phone every day with the overseas email experts and getting nowhere, a moderator picks up my problem and sorts it out in a matter of days.  I can't really explain how frustrating the last month has been with the overseas team not willing to listen or do anything about the problem.   

I am so glad that I came on the forum and a moderator picked it up.  RobbieMac thank you very much, I am now able to add my account to all my devices.

I tried to do the star rating but think I clicked the post too soon.

10 stars.

Message 22 of 26

Re: Impossible to use client mail programs (Outlook on PC or Mail app on IPhone with my bt email add

Go to solution

Hi @YvonneR,

That's great and thank you for posting back. I'm really happy @RobbieMac was able to help. He is out of the office today but I'll make sure to give him a pat on the back for a job well done 😊

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
ey7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution
Congratulations. It was the same for me - the mods were the only ones to find a solution. I'm happy it worked out.
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution

@YvonneR can you say what the actual issue was?

0 Ratings
YvonneR
Beginner
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution

Hi.  In brief BT helped me change my password and linked my email address to my account. After that I couldn't change password on all devices. Despite deleting account from devices and trying to re-add (on BT advice) I couldn't then add email account to devices.  From what moderator said it sounded like there was a problem with my password not syncing with server or something. Over past month I got a couple of really helpful call centre operatives from Aberdeen and somewhere in England who tried their best to help but couldn't. The majority of my numerous calls to and from BT were with their overseas email team who were the most unhelpful people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. If they didn't want to talk to you they would just hang up. So rude. Sorry that wasn't so brief.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

@YvonneRwrote:

Hi.  In brief BT helped me change my password and linked my email address to my account. After that I couldn't change password on all devices. Despite deleting account from devices and trying to re-add (on BT advice) I couldn't then add email account to devices.  From what moderator said it sounded like there was a problem with my password not syncing with server or something. Over past month I got a couple of really helpful call centre operatives from Aberdeen and somewhere in England who tried their best to help but couldn't. The majority of my numerous calls to and from BT were with their overseas email team who were the most unhelpful people I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. If they didn't want to talk to you they would just hang up. So rude. Sorry that wasn't so brief.

Thanks for the info.

Password sync issues appear to be the cause of a few problems.

0 Ratings