Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Locked out of BT email account

Hi Mods,

The very same thing is happening to my account and it has been locked twice now in 4 days.  All passwords change and apparently "it might mot be secure anymore" on both occasions.  This is a pain as of course it means changing BT ID login along with all email passwords and then updating these on every device including logins for BT TV, BT sport apps and BT mobile apps etc.

Whys is this happening with such frequency and it would help if some further information was given such as origin of the suspicious login so that it may be either confirmed as legitimate or identified as a concern.  Perhaps an option to use 2 factor authentication may help to alleviate any issues or concerns.

That aside, would be possible to gain any assistance on this issue please before I go through the process again of changing every single password and then update every device.

Thanks in anticipation,

Richard

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Message 2 of 7

Hi @roguck & AndrewWright11,

Sorry to see you guys are having problems accessing your mailbox.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

@RobbieMacwrote:

Hi @roguck & AndrewWright11,

Sorry to see you guys are having problems accessing your mailbox.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Can you please explain why so many people are reporting this issue all of a sudden?

Is it something to do with the restart of migration from BTYahoo to BTMail, or a system alteration that's picking up wrong information, or indeed providing the wrong information.

Something is going on, and it's affecting end users.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Too right it is! 7 accounts locked, grouped into three occasions over five and a half weeks, impossible to reset personally, the last case still outstanding. No useful phone support, poor response to email complaints, webchat operators give up and disconnect, some level 1 ops. clueless, level 2 who are supposed to have fixed things clearly haven't. Calls not forthcoming when promised. Follow ups neglected. Cases closed prematurely. 20+ hours of time spent and still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

It is worse than just email. I had to reset all the passwords on all email addresses and the password on my BT ID. During this process I lost my BT Cloud - every attempt to connect resulted in a "You are not eligible for BT Cloud" message.

After 5 days BT finally managed to get it back - just as well with half a gig of data on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Interesting to note that it is affecting a number of people.
First instance for me was last Friday and I had to reset all passwords in all accounts including my BTID login which is a pain.
Now probably going to do it a second time but it is rather an annoyance.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Total accounts now locked has increased to 9.

Still no response from BT.

0 Ratings