Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phil9
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Re: Locked out of BTinternet email

Go to solution

Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. I have been without email for 48 hours. I have just been promised a call-back in 2 hours. 

I was initially told that my email was registered to my landlord from 15 years ago, but that they would be happy to update this.  After ringing again today, I was told that it was not in fact updated. I also received contradictory information in that yesterday I was told that the security questions not being accepted was a widespread problem, and that it would be dealt with by today. Of course it has not been. I was then offered some kind of explanation relating to the new Apple OS (I don't use Apple).

Like you, I am relying on this email address for work purposes, and it is essential I can access my account. Apparently 'Level 2' cannot unlock the account due to it being compromised. Yesterday, I was told it had not been compromised and that I shouldn't worry.

If you hear anything, please post back and I will do the same.

Phil

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Go to solution

Hi Ali and Phil -

I'm in the same boat.  Also waiting on a callback after spending 45mins on Tuesday night on the phone.  No access to emails since Tuesday and can't reset the password despite answering every combination of maiden name, postcode and DoB (!) I can think of. 

I've been able to get into my mybt, but the email address in question wasn't isn't linked to that mybt id.

Really frustrating and concerning as access to that email address is needed!

James

0 Ratings
Phil9
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

Reading one or two threads below, it appears than one or two people have had some success, but need to be sent a validation code. Hopefully one of the mods will read this soon and sort us all out.

Phil

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Well via Twitter the lovely people in enniskillen tell me it’s going to be tomorrow now before I get a call to sort this out. (Maybe... not going to hold my breath)

0 Ratings
Phil9
Beginner
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Hi James,

As half-expected, I did not receive a call-back. After my making yet another call to them, they said they would up-date the call back to 7-9pm tonight, so it's another case of wait and see.

Phil

0 Ratings
Phil9
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

So I was told I would DEFINITELY get a call-back between 7 and 9 pm today.

It has not happened. Again.

So presumably I need to start all over again tomorrow morning ringing the same number, with the same query?

If there is anyone in authority reading this, please arrange for someone to contact me in order to get this sorted.  I have been without email for 3 days, and every time I ring 0808 10067 etc I receive conflicting information or advice. I am promised a 'call-back' that never materialises. Being self-employed, I am dependent on my BT email account, and I have tried my best to get this re-instated.

Phil

0 Ratings
lifeonmars
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Just looked up on my phone and my Direct debit, for BT Group PLC,  the reference number is  the account number. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@Phil9 

Unless you or somebody else is actually paying the £7.50 a month for your BT Premium Mail service, then your account would have been suspended or deleted.

Using a consumer grade ISP based email system if you are running a business, is probably not a good idea, as its likely to be unreliable. You could get your own domain name and email service for probably less that the monthly cost of BT Premium mail.

0 Ratings
James_g1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

This isn't premium email, at least not for me.  I have always had the same BTid.  My email address doesn't seem to be linked to it though, probably having been changed during one of my house moves (on my 3rd or 4th account number with BT).

The issue is that the security question answers are logged on the system incorrectly and so the email cannot be recovered.  It needs someone behind the scenes to work some magic.  Urgently.

0 Ratings
Anxious1
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

@lifeonmars 

Thanks for that confirmation!

0 Ratings