Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SuzDerel
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Re: Locked out of BTinternet email

Hi there!

my mum is 84 and ten years ago I set up an email for her under my account.  She recently got herself locked out and so I tried to sort it from here (we are in different countries). It was then flagged as suspicious activity so she called BT to get it unlocked and all they did was to send her a letter with her account number!!!

I have set her up a new email but trying to get all her bills etc transferred over to the new account is near impossible as she gets so confused. I'm frightened she will have her utilities cut off if I can't do this in time?  Easiest thing would be to get her email reinstated but BT just can't or won't t help.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
JohnC2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Locked out of BTinternet email

Hi @SuzDerel, sorry that your mum has lost access to her email account. The BTID is how you access the online account and the account number would be needed to complete the registration. Have a look at What is a BTID and you will see that you can also register as 'Account manager' to view the bills.

If your mum does use her email address and needs access to the email account we would need to speak directly with her for security reasons. Post back and let me know if this is required to let me know.

cheers
John

0 Ratings