Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Re: Locked out of BTinternet email

Go to solution

I have exact same issue. “Suspicious activity on account”. Profile locked. Can’t reset because security question answers incorrect. Reported 2 days ago and told issue passed to tier 2 support. Chased twice. Last time agent said they have had a lot of these security question failures in the last 2 weeks and tier 2 are very busy resolving issues. Said it would be 5 to 7 days for call back!!!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @smdxc07,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having logging into your mailbox.  The Community aren't going to be able to help with this so you can get in touch with us and we will give you a hand from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@RobbieMacwrote:

Hi @smdxc07,

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having logging into your mailbox.  The Community aren't going to be able to help with this so you can get in touch with us and we will give you a hand from here.

Again, can you explain why this has been a very common posting recently?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Such a relief. With the help of BT Community I have managed to get back into email - at least for now.  Strangley though I cannot log into my smartphone, but that is not so important

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Marabese, how long did it take for your problem to be solved?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks to the mods this has been sorted.

my issue was that this is a really old email account. When originally set up it the security question was put in by the operator as a random answer which is why I couldn’t reset my password. The mods have now sorted this and I can access my mail again.

Happy days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Tank you for your perseverance SMDX07.  For years btinternet.com worked well.  Can't understand what has happened.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Will have a go tomorrow and see if I can persuade someone to sort my email out.  

0 Ratings