cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Re: Locked out of BTinternet email

Since January with a short break until now I have been locked out of btinternet.com mail - why?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

@WTwrote:

Since January with a short break until now I have been locked out of btinternet.com mail - why?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you give a little more detail, like are you accessing emails via webmail using a browser, or an app/client via a laptop or smart device?

Are you getting any actual error messages?

Are you a BTBroadband customer or BT Premium Email user?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reply.  The message I get is a drop down menu reading - Cannot Get Mail, The mail server "mail.beinernet.com" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail Settings.

This I have done countless times and got no further since March 7.  Can only access emails via the web MyBT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Further to my reply - I am on Superfast Fibre Unlimted broadband.  Also made  a mistake in he dropdown menu - should read "mail.btinternet.com".  Apologies for the mistake.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

@WTwrote:

Further to my reply - I am on Superfast Fibre Unlimted broadband.  Also made  a mistake in he dropdown menu - should read "mail.btinternet.com".  Apologies for the mistake.

What dropdown menu? Which app/client is this? What device are you using?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Am having enormous trouble accessing BT mail from my MacBook Air.  Suddenly MyBT has refused to recognise my password.  Will I be able to delete BT mail and open a new Connection Gmail?

Regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

@WTwrote:

Am having enormous trouble accessing BT mail from my MacBook Air.  Suddenly MyBT has refused to recognise my password.  Will I be able to delete BT mail and open a new Connection Gmail?

Regards

You don't have to delete BTMail in order to use Gmail - they are completely separate entities.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thank you Andy-N, will go ahead and connect to Gmail 

0 Ratings