Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontine
Beginner
Message 11 of 30

Re: Lost email folders

Go to solution

How do I do that?  Under "Manage Folders" there is a list of folders (excluding the "My Folders" items) but all I can do is select or deselect them.  At present they are all selected except VIPs, Starred and Snoozed.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 30

Go to solution

Sorry, I use Blue Mail on a Pixel3 so not familiar with the Samsung app. Is there not a folder mapping option?

0 Ratings
jontine
Beginner
Message 13 of 30

Go to solution

Not as far as I can see.  Anyway, the folder in BT Mail is entitled "Trash" and that's where the items seem to go when I delete them from my Samsung Recycle Bin. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 30

Go to solution

Can you confirm the following is what happens. You delete a mail on your Samsung and it goes into the recycling bin on the Samsung but doesn't appear anywhere in webmail. You then delete it from the recycling bin and it then disappears from the Samsung and appears in the Trash folder in webmail.  On resyncing, it appears in both the recycling bin on the Samsung and Trash in webmail.

0 Ratings
jontine
Beginner
Message 15 of 30

Go to solution

I delete an email on my Samsung Inbox and it goes into the Recycle Bin.  When I delete it from the Recycle Bin it disappears from my Samsung and appears in my Trash folder on BT Mail.  Next time I synchronise the Recycle Bin on my Samsung, everything from BT Mail Trash appears - even if it was originally deleted directly from my BT Mail Inbox.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

Go to solution

You missed out the important part. What happens in webmail when you send the mail to the recycling bin on the Samsung (before you delete it from the recycling bin), does it appear in webmail Trash at that point or is there a recycling bin folder in webmail and it appears in there.

0 Ratings
jontine
Beginner
Message 17 of 30

Go to solution

It looks as if it appears in the BT Mail Trash folder.  There is no separate Recycle Bin Folder in BT Mail.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 30

Go to solution

Ok, so it looks like the recycling bin is correctly mapped to the Trash folder in webmail.

What happens if you delete a mail on the Samsung, ensure that appears in both recycling bin on the Samsung and Trash in webmail. Now delete it from the recycling bin on the Samsung, refresh webmail and see if it disappears from the Trash folder.

Edit. Should have added, close Outlook down whilst doing this as POP3 will confuse matters.

0 Ratings
jontine
Beginner
Message 19 of 30

Go to solution

I deleted an item from Samsung Inbox and it appeared in Recycling Bin and BT Mail Trash.  When I deleted it from Samsung Recycling Bin it remained in BT Mail Trash.

By the way, I don't mind reverting to POP3 on my Samsung as long as the "My Folder" contents still appear on my Samsung.  This is what happened before things went wrong.  Why, if synchronisation seemed OK with POP3 and the BT Mail Inbox, doesn't it do so with My Folders?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 30

Go to solution

@jontine wrote:

I deleted an item from Samsung Inbox and it appeared in Recycling Bin and BT Mail Trash.  When I deleted it from Samsung Recycling Bin it remained in BT Mail Trash.

Did you refresh webmail (the circular arrow next to the compose button)

By the way, I don't mind reverting to POP3 on my Samsung as long as the "My Folder" contents still appear on my Samsung.  This is what happened before things went wrong.  Why, if synchronisation seemed OK with POP3 and the BT Mail Inbox, doesn't it do so with My Folders?

You can't sync folders using POP3. POP3 just downloads the Inbox and nothing else.

0 Ratings