cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deesen
Message 1 of 7

Re: Migration to BTMail

In spite of having had the email, from BT saying that migration would be taking place, since 26 September nothing appears to have happened and nothing looks different to the way it usually looked. If I log into my emails through BT.com I get a page which includes a Yahoo logo. I should add that this is not a problem as I normally read all my mail through Thunderbird in any case and never use BT.com

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

The migration does not always happen shortly after receiving the email. It can take a while. You will receive an email after you have been migrated telling you the migration has taken place and what procedure you need to follow to complete the migration process.

0 Ratings
IDW
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@gg30340 wrote:

The migration does not always happen shortly after receiving the email. It can take a while.

I can confirm this. I received an email in April stating that 'We're about to move you...' , but it has not happened yet.

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@IDW wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

The migration does not always happen shortly after receiving the email. It can take a while.

I can confirm this. I received an email in April stating that 'We're about to move you...' , but it has not happened yet.

I can also confirm this, had my Email many many months ago, yes could have been April as well.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 5 of 7

I think I got the email in March and still no migration. They really must be having serious problems.

I thought they had picked up the mail system from the company called Critical Path? Obviously not a good choice!

Richard

0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Likewise it's many months since I was e-mailed by BT but still no migration!! Or is there? In the last 2 days I seem to have grown 4 or 5 more folders that I didn't put there (I use Thunderbird) - they are : Bulk Mail; Deleted (I alredy had a deleted folder - now I have 2), Draft, Junk E-Mail ( now have 2 junk folders), Read and one strangely called Y! Conversations - just what are they (Y! Conversations I mean)?

Not only that but when I send an email now I get the dreaded "Incorrect Password" (or something like it) error message but the e-mail is sent (it appears in my sent folder and I have checked with recipients) and (now this is really strange) it also appears in my Drafts folder!!! Top that!!

I do get the feeling that not all is well with BT emails (or OpenWave/Critical Path). BTW According to checks I'm formally still with BTYahoo - and if I open webmail then I can also send and receive without problem on that - and yes, the header does say BT Yahoo. You couldn't make it up could you?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi wedding,

Thanks for posting. This sounds very strange indeed. We better take a look at that for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings