Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barney300
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: New BT Mail, BT ID and sub accounts - bewildered

Go to solution
Sorry. I know this is an old thread, and my problem has nothing to do with migration, but there's no option on here to start a new topic, and I've nearly driven myself round the twist with help pages that are wrong and circular telephone conversations. I've got my main e-mail and one sub, but I need to create more subs. I get to the page showing my 2 existing e-mail addresses, and that's as far as I get. The UNhelpful "help" page shows a "create new mail" (or something like that) button below these and to the right, but it isn't there. What I get instead is a button marked "Add email address", but this is for linking an existing address to my BT ID, with no option to create a new one as the "help" page wrongly states.. I've been trying on and off for months, and I'm close to dumping BT and switching to a more helpful ISP. Can anyone help me please?
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

You need to be the main BT account holder and logged onto MyBT as the main account holder.

Did you previously create the "sub-account" or was it created for you?

Does the page show how many email addresses you have left out of eleven?

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for replying, gg30340. I AM the main (only) account holder, and I initially created two sub-accounts, one of which has since been closed by BT (without any notification before or after), presumably because it was hardly used.
There's nothing to show how many more sub-accounts I can have.
One thing I may as well mention. When I go to my inbox for the main account, the closed account still shows, and there doesn't seem to be a way to delete it.
I'm not certain about this after so long, but I believe the accounts were created before the split from Yahoo Mail (BT-Yahoo). I've since done whatever it was I had to do to "migrate" the accounts, but I haven't made any changes since then.
I hope I'm not waffling too much, but I wanted to cover everything in one go.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

It sounds like there is a problem with your MyBT account which I doubt any forum member will be able to assist you with.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks again, gg30340.

After tomorrow I'll be offline for just over a week, so no rush.

I spent quite a lot of time on the 'phone to a young lady at BT this week, but she couldn't help. In the end she sent me a link to the help page, but the "Create new email address" button doesn't exist for me.

I did find a problem with FireFox (version 52.0.2 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04, 64-bit), which was blocking a lot of content for some reason known only to itself (no ad-blockers installed).

I still use FireFox for most things, but I've since installed Chromium for sites like this one and BT generally.

Irrelevant perhaps, but when I started using FireFox ten or more years ago, it had a lot of useful features. Most of those are gone now though, and I HATE what the thing has become. It still has a few useful features that aren't available anywhere else though.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Barney300,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had in setting up a sub account. I'll be able to help you with this. 

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
??? You ask "Did I get the help ... ?". No. I've heard nothing since contacting you more than a week ago, and nothing new is showing on the thread. What do I do now? Look for another ISP? I don't seem to be getting anywhere with BT. It's frustrating being told I can have up to 11 e-mail addresses and then to find myself limited to just two.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Barney300 Sorry you have not heard anything back yet.

Did you complete the form for the mod team? If so did you receive an email acknowledgement with a reference number (PS dont post the reference number)

If you have not completed the form then please do contact us and we will be happy to get this fixed for you. You will see a hyperlink ** click here to contact the Mods just below the Avatar on @PaddyB's profile.

Post back and let me know if you already have completed the form and I'll check on why you have not been contacted yet. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for trying to help, JohnC2, but I'm new here and this forum doesn't work the way others do.

I had to hijack an existing thread because there doesn't seem to be a way of starting a new one.

I didn't even see a form, so I just had to guess at what details were required, and I didn't get a reference number.

Presumably I'm supposed to click on PaddyB's name (or the link you provided), but the "Contact Me" text is just that, text, with no link, and I don't remember how I contacted him the week before last.

Checking again, I now see a "Click here to contact the mods" link which mentions "the form", but I'm sure it wasn't there before. I'll try it now.

Thank you both for at least trying to help. I'll see whether that form appears this time.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @Barney300,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave your home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I'm sorry you're having difficulties setting up a sub account. I've had a look at your details and it looks like your email address is set up as BT Yahoo email. In order to set up a sub account you'll need to sign into your web mail using your primary BT email address.

Please can you follow the instructions on - How do I create a new BT Yahoo email address (sub-account) for myself?

Please post back once you've had a go and let me know how you got on?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings