cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh66
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: New BT Mail, BT ID and sub accounts - bewildered

Sorry to hijack this post but I also cannot see how to start a new topic. I am having the same issues as others....BT,  you should film someone who is having a problem and see the UTTER HELL they have to go through. I have tried to have an email issue sorted for over a week. Your web pages don't work, people get sent round in circles, we get sent to error pages and your chat people just pass us on.

Today I was called by chat and the woman was rud and hung up on me just because I asked to speak to someone else. She actually shouted at me and spoke over me. Unbelievable. I could hardly make ot what she was saying because her accent was so stroneg and yet she had the cheek to tell ME to speak more clearly.

So, here I am - 2 weeks on - two emails sent, no replies, multiple live chats and hours of online fiddling about. The WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ever.

All because I received a message when I tried to log in saying my password was incorrect and yet, I had never changed it. Recover methods don't work, nothing works. Exasperating. All these hours you pay people to assist and all these unsatisfied customers. What a waste.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

I have started your own thread for you so that you get answers relevant to your problem.

For future refence if you want to start a new message look at the top of the list of messages on the board and you should see on the left hand side "New Message" .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

@Josh66 wrote:

Sorry to hijack this post but I also cannot see how to start a new topic. I am having the same issues as others....BT,  you should film someone who is having a problem and see the UTTER HELL they have to go through. I have tried to have an email issue sorted for over a week. Your web pages don't work, people get sent round in circles, we get sent to error pages and your chat people just pass us on.

Today I was called by chat and the woman was rud and hung up on me just because I asked to speak to someone else. She actually shouted at me and spoke over me. Unbelievable. I could hardly make ot what she was saying because her accent was so stroneg and yet she had the cheek to tell ME to speak more clearly.

So, here I am - 2 weeks on - two emails sent, no replies, multiple live chats and hours of online fiddling about. The WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE ever.

All because I received a message when I tried to log in saying my password was incorrect and yet, I had never changed it. Recover methods don't work, nothing works. Exasperating. All these hours you pay people to assist and all these unsatisfied customers. What a waste.

Start at the source of your mail account, not your email client.

Try to login to the BT mail from the BT Homepages.

Do you see a message to the effect that you must change your password? You should already know your existing password, as suggest by your comments: you say that you haven’t changed it.

Follow the instructions, which will involve other detail to be entered.

0 Ratings
Barney300
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I agree that this forum is confusing. In case you're still having problems working out how to start a new thread, Josh66, I've only just found this out myself. You need to first click on "Message Listing" (near the top right of the page) and then look on the left side for the "New Message" link.

Btw, one of my problems is solved and I expect the other one to be dealt with next week, so how do I stop the endless stream of e-mails every time someone posts a new comment? I've tried the "Unsubscribe" link, but that takes me to a page that looks as if it's for cancelling my e-mail address, and I don't want to risk that.

So far I've marked the messages as spam rather than have them clogging my inbox, but I've got 55 so far and increasing daily. I can delete them, but I'd rather they didn't keep arriving all the time.

That said, I'm grateful for the help I've received, but now it's time to say "goodbye" - until the next time.

Back to you, Josh66. I hope I've helped clarify things for you and that you didn't mind me nipping in on your thread.

Btw, I think I got that bad-tempered woman a few years back. She shouted me down when I queried a bill that was obviously incorrect. In the end I had to write to the chairman. Perhaps everyone who gets her should do the same.
0 Ratings
Josh66
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for that but I have done all of this.

Chat are useless.

Telephone help are not helpfull and I have STILL had no reply to emails - technichal department a week and a half with no reply and BT Customer Support over two days now. All beyond bad.

0 Ratings