Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mellie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: New BT Mail Layout

Go to solution

How do I permanently get rid of the annoying sponsored banner that is now appearing at the top of my e-mails, I am not impressed and find it very intrusive, it only appears when I am using my laptop, my iPad so far is 'clean'.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Go to solution

What is the sponsored banner? Is it the purple bar at the top with the BT logo - if it is then it’s the same bar they use on BT.com so you can’t remove it.  

There is no sponsored advert on BT Mail but there is one on Yahoo.  This is an advert that appears at the top of your email list. 

0 Ratings
Mellie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
Yes it’s Yahoo, it only appeared a couple of days ago, it’s advertising things that I’ve no interest in and it’s very distracting.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

I have moved you onto your own thread because the one you posted on was about the new BTMail interface and not about BTYahoo email.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

This is a feature of Yahoo - you can’t remove it. It’s existed for quite some time. 

Agree it’s quite annoying -  BT have done some really positive changes on their other email service by removing 2 ad slots on the webmail in their new interface and  allowing you to hide the remaining ad slot but I don’t think they have any power with yahoo.  

0 Ratings
Mellie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you, I didn’t realise that there was a difference. Are BT still moving accounts do you know?
0 Ratings
Mellie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you, I’ve managed to block it with an Ad blocker but it’s not very satisfactory, I still have a blue band where the advert pops up briefly. I suppose that I’ll have to live with it unless BT are still moving people across.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

The migration from BTYahoo to BTMail stopped in 2014 and is not going to restart any time soon if at all.

0 Ratings
Mellie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you.
0 Ratings
Cate-59
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Have you tried changing your cookie level? I have only 'functional' cookies and have disabled 'targetting' ones, so I don't get any advertising when I open my email page.

0 Ratings