cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheCustomer
Message 1 of 12

Re: New BT Mail System - Disposable Addresses remain active?

HI using that link, or any other anywhere else on the BT site, I always get the same error message as others, namely

" Warning

Regret for the inconvenience cause, we are currently unable to find mailbox information corresponding to the account"

So I cannot create or manage an email account.   I have reported this repeatedly to BT over several months but they  refuse to fix it, despite me pointing out  that I am not receiving a service for which I am paying.

I'm afraid my advice has to be to not use a BT email address at all as it is too unreliable - for example if you are not using an email address with webmail (ie you use Outlook or similar) they cancel it without warning after 90 days as  a matter of course, which they actually did to me and refused to recreate it despite the instructions saying I could do so.  And I cannot create any new email addresses to replace it.

Another thing I have noticed with BT repeatedly  is whatever issue you raise they tell you "Oh, that's another department".     Complain about faulty BT website or equipment?  The people you talk to say that that is a technical issue, the technical people say that is another team for the website, if you make a formal complaint higher up about inaction by the technical or any other department you just get told it is for the that department.   In other words, BT take no responsibility for the services they fail to deliver.  Not recommended.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
TheCustomer
Message 2 of 12

I originally posted this in another thread where it made sense as it responded to a discussion of this error message - it was at https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/New-BT-Mail-System-Disposable-Addresses-remain-a...

So why has it been moved? Will someone please explain on here? Doesn't this post belong in the thread where it was posted?  Or is this another BT attempt to avoid the issue? Not good at all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

I moved your post onto its own thread so that you could hopefully get answers and help specific to your problem which you might not have gotten as the thread you had posted on was  marked as Solved by the OP of that thread.

0 Ratings
TheCustomer
Message 4 of 12

Well they still have not fixed any of this, in fact they have made the site even more of a labyrinth.  

The site still states you can create 11 BT email addresses.

The instructions and illustrations are far out of date - the site does not work that way and you simply cannot create the additional email addresses.    BT have know this for a long time but have not fixed it.   If they do not want us to have the email addresses why not just remove the instructions and all mention of the email addresses.

Essentially promising something, charging for it and not delivering it is fraud.   No  surprise there with BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

I have had no problems setting up email addresses so it is possible to do it and it is fairly easy to do.

Do you have a BT email address?

Are you using BTYahoo or BTMail. If you are not sure use this link

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

If you are using BTMail, do you have a BTID? If not you need to set one up. See link http://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/bt-id-explained/

and can you log onto MyBT?

If you do have a BTID and can log onto MyBT you need to go to "Manage BTMail" at the foot of the page. You should then be taken to a page where you can set up email addresses.

See this link for more information about BTMail

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/50510/c/346,6588,6589#maincontent

0 Ratings
TheCustomer
Message 6 of 12

Hello GG303430

Thanks for the reply.   Are you a BT employee or Lithium employee?

I'm afraid there is no "Manage BTmail" link at the base of the page.  Are we looking at the same website? One of the worst sites ever to try and navigate, another epic fail from BT.

Yes of course there is a BT ID and a BT email address, which is working.   It is a BT email address but if you put it into the alleged diagnostic checker, it returns no result - yet another abandoned part of the website to waste everyone's time.

I was originally able to create email addresses.   Then they cancelled one when it had not been used for 90 days, and since then there has been no link or functionality anywhere to create a new email address, and they refuse to re-create the old one.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

No I am not nor have been an employee of either of these companies I am just a customer like you.

It would appear that your account may have become corrupted in some way and I doubt there is anything that forum members will be able to do to assist you.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

I suspect you are still on BTYahoo mail in which case logon using your email address and password here https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.done=https%3A%2F%2Fbt.edit.client.yahoo.com%2Fmemberce...

where you will be presented with this screen

yahoomail.jpg

Click on Manage sub accounts, you will be taken to a page to re-enter your email password. This will then present you with this screen

yahoomail2.jpg

Click on Create new sub account

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi TheCustomer,

If you are still having issues with your email, I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dilosec
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

'TheCustomer' is right.

I used to manage my BTMail email accounts using this link: https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/secure/manageEmailAccounts.do?siteArea=con.mya

Now I get this:

we're unable to find a BT Mailbox linked with your account

In case anyone asks - I am logging in using a BTID and BTID password, as I can watch BT Sport using the same credentials. I can access webmail by clicking on the 'Email' icon.

In the 'My Extras', there is no 'BT Mail' panel to 'Manage BT Mail', instead I have a 'BT Yahoo Mail' panel to 'Check Email':

Mail gives you up to 11 email addresses

It's all a mess - I presently have BOTH BTMail AND BTYahoo email addresses, I can retrieve emails from ALL email addresses (using Outlook), but have NO way to manage (add/delete) email accounts.

At the moment I'm not too fussed, as all email addresses are still working...

0 Ratings