Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Re: Outlook 2016 email settings

Go to solution

This was so helpful BUT BUT BUT - I now have may email accounts setup but still cannot send any emails.  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Go to solution

@disinterestedwrote:

This was so helpful BUT BUT BUT - I now have may email accounts setup but still cannot send any emails.  Any suggestions?

Are you getting any error messages?

What anti-virus or other security package are you using? It's possible that this could be interferring with the process, for example email scanning or something.

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

OK!   I really want to escape BT webmail but I now don't have the confidence that I won't be left high and dry by Outlook!

To answer your questions.....

I use AVG but I was using that many weeks back when for a short time I was successfully sending emails

error messages - attempting to send/receive I'm receiving all emails OK but get a reported send error - 0x800CCC0F - connection to server was interrupted and to contact ISP if the problem persists  (and that was a monstrous waste of my time when I attempted that!!)

Also continuously getting popup boxes requesting I resubmit my server, user name and password.  And yes, I am using the correct password.

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

And now the test emails I set had setup have suddenly been sent......  but my email inbox is empty (and yes they are still there on the BT webmail page) - do you see why I don't trust it??

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

And OMG my entire folder structure has disappeared.......

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@disinterestedwrote:

OK!   I really want to escape BT webmail but I now don't have the confidence that I won't be left high and dry by Outlook!

To answer your questions.....

I use AVG but I was using that many weeks back when for a short time I was successfully sending emails

error messages - attempting to send/receive I'm receiving all emails OK but get a reported send error - 0x800CCC0F - connection to server was interrupted and to contact ISP if the problem persists  (and that was a monstrous waste of my time when I attempted that!!)

Also continuously getting popup boxes requesting I resubmit my server, user name and password.  And yes, I am using the correct password.

This sounds like one of a number of things.

Have a look here :-

https://windowsreport.com/fix-outlook-error-0x800ccc0f/

and see if any of the items help. (I've assumed Win10 here - so the details may not all be relevant)

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
No way was I switching off my anti-virus or firewall.... but trying a combination of other suggested approaches finally worked. Thanks!
0 Ratings