Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kthiele
Message 1 of 3

Re: Password change not synchronising

Go to solution

I seem to have the same issue...

After resetting my password I can access my btinternet email only via bt.com. None of the  devices can verify the server.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

ps. this is the first time this has happened to me after changing my password. Normally it would work smoothly...

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

Switch off all your devices or at the least stop them from polling your email account for new email. You can do this by either deleting the email account from the device or just change the email address in your email account settings.

Change your webmail email password yet again. Make sure that the new password is working on webmail if it is wait at least 15/30 minutes before starting one of your other devices and set up the email account with the new password.

Check that this device is working before moving onto the next device.

Ensure that you are using the correct settings via this link and set the email accounts up manually rather than using the email wizard.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/6591

kthiele
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

thank you GG30340 fro your quick reply. I did try the suggested method changing the password again and it wasn't working at first, but then a day later it was fine. I also was in contact with BT premium email people in India, and they were unsure what the issue was. Obviously citing an apple issue, as expected. However, after doing your method and calling them 24hrs later it did verify ok, so whatever it was it worked. So thanks for that, much appreciated.

Dread to change my password again after all this... hopefully not for a while.

0 Ratings