Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcleanamey
Contributor
Message 1 of 49

Re: Password change not synchronising

Go to solution

I am having problems with getting the Chat Line to understand the problem with passwords not syncronising.  Have got to the stage of screen sharing and showed I can log in to Webmail and to Outlook at the same time and on the same PC with my Password and one created by BT to resolve a previous password issue.

The response for the BT guy was, it can't happen but you have just seen it said I.  No it can't happen. 

0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
mcleanamey
Contributor
Message 2 of 49

Go to solution

Just had call from "supervisor" he confirms can't possibly have two passwords, must be a Microsoft, Apple, anybody's problem but not BT.

Not swearing just yet but it's coming!!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @mcleanamey

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry the problems you're having with your email password.  I appreciate the time you have taken trying to get this sorted with my colleague over live chat.

Send us over your details and we will help you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @mcleanamey,

Thanks for posting. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've had a look at this and the advice you were given previously is correct. You'll need to delete the outlook account and set it up again. I can appreciate you might not be happy to do that but the only other option would be to contact microsoft who might be able to help change the outlook password for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
mcleanamey
Contributor
Message 5 of 49

Go to solution

Thanks David.  I'm not sure what to ask Microsoft.  On Outlook I have the password that your guy set up .  I get in to my account using that.  It is also on my Macbook and my phone.  All work fine.

The only problem is that it is not my Password, it is the one your guy set up as a temproary one.  His instruction was, now that you have access, go into My BT and change your password to one that only you will know.

I did that and I can get in to My BT/Webmail using my password but the only one that works on my PC/Apple/Phone is the one you created .

I'm not sure what I will ask Microrsoft to do - saying that I can access my BT account with a password that is not mine and whatevever I do I can't get rid of ****** on my account is going to get a pretty sharp response from them.  All I want is My BT and Webmail to stop recognising the password you created.

Mike

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 49

Go to solution

Can you clarify the following

When you log onto MyBT are you accessing your email via manage email.

What password (don't post it, just say whether its the old one or the one BT gave you) gives you access via this log on https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Is/was your MyBT ie your BTID username and password the same as is/was your email address/password?

Did you change your MyBT password via your profile in MyBT?

0 Ratings
mcleanamey
Contributor
Message 7 of 49

Go to solution

Thanks for helping, really appreciated.

Yes, into MyBT and access to manage email will only work with the password I created.  The one BT gave me won't work.  I did change the password from the BT one to mine via My Profile.  I have changed it twice since via this route to try to solve the issue.

While I was on BT chatline, I accessed My BT and opened Outlook, which still has their temporary password and sent an email to myself via Outlook.  I have deleted the Outlook account and tried to set up again using my own Password but it will have nothing of it.  Fails to connect, send the test email.  But as soon as I put in their temporary password, bingo.

I could try to set up email on an ipad I have and I'm pretty certain it will not work unless I use the BT provided password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 49

Go to solution

Which password gets you into the link I posted  https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

You email password does not need to be the same as your BTID / MyBT password.

When you change the password via your profile this changes your BTID password but not necessarily your email password.

If you use this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48826/~/how-do-i-change-my-bt-mail-password%3F

and go to the https://www.bt.com/appsconsumeraccount/secure/manageEmailAccounts.do and change your email password there.

Once you have done that change it in Outlook and see if it works.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 49

Go to solution

Just tried the above links and I see it takes you to the BTID profile page which is what you have already used.

Try using this link

https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

0 Ratings
mcleanamey
Contributor
Message 10 of 49

Go to solution

Okay will do and let you know.

I tried setting mail up the ipad.  Never had mail on that but connects but only with the temporary password that BT gave me.

0 Ratings