cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Re: Password update

ive just moved to BT for a couple of weeks , got the APP to log on by mobile and it suddenly stopped working, tried to log in on laptop and get the unusual activity message , no problem just do a password reset, ive now tried 10 times to reset, a few times on phone and a few times on laptop, as soon as i reset it and try and log in i get the unusual activity message again, ive tried the online chat help twice , first time i got passed to 3 different people that couldnt help, second time i was given a temporary password, that didnt help so had a call for help and was cut off, 10 minutes on a second call and cut off again, ive wasted 4 hours trying to do a password reset now, how hard can it be !!!!!!

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

todays update

helpdesk cant reset my password for me as its my information , when i reset it im not recognised , stalemate, helpdesk sent a message to my other email address to try that but it didnt work , and without telling me they changed my BT id to that little used email address so when i tried to log on today my email wasnt recognised, just lots of simple problems to get me annoyed, they have opened a case to look into it but saying it could be up to 5 days to fix it, i cant think of a solution at all if they dont record my password changes!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

If you have only just moved to BT, why do you want a btinternet.com email address anyway? Its only going to cause you grief, stick with a non-isp address, far simpler.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

hi there. the only thing i have is BT mobile account

im keeping my yahoo email

they changed my log in id to my other yahoo email without telling me,

anyway its day 3 of lock out and still telling me to change password as i log in

cant use BT wifi hotspots on my moblile when im out as password not recognised , thats the reason i switched mobile to BT in the first place !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Re: Cannot access BT e-mail account on any app or PC software

yes me too day 3 of being told to reset password  , when i change it and log in it says unusual activity on account please change password, back in a loop !!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 16

Re: Cannot access BT e-mail account on any app or PC software

Hi @laptimer and welcome.

I'm really sorry there's been so many problems getting this sorted. I'm sure I can help. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

thank you keith

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 16

Hi Keith Ihave same problem can you help me. Barry Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

im really starting to wonder if its the late night cleaners that man the live chat, they really have no idea,

0 Ratings