cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Recovering deleted emails

Good morning

I have been away in Spain for the last 7 weeks and an update on my phone deleted a load of my emails out - I need to retrieve these as they are pertaining to legal issues which I need to get.

I have looked in my deleted box and trash but they are not there - my deleted emails only go back to around 14th June and I need all emails from 1st May 2017 can anyone help me please.

thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Have you checked to see if the emails are still on the BT server by logging onto your email account via webmail.

If they are not on the server it means they are gone for good and you will not be able to retrieve them.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45794/~/deleting-email-messages-and-managing-the-tras...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

I hope gg's post will help. Whether it does or not, you should consider whether it's good practice to entrust the storage of important documents to a third party, especially one as flaky as the BT webmail service can be. Use an email client such as Thunderbird to store messages on your computer and make sure it's adequately backed up.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings