cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ossa
Message 1 of 5

Re: SMTP details for non BT Email address with new BT account - Thunderbird

I am having the same problem. Own domain and associated (non BT) email addresses. Can receive using my pop address but cannot send. What smtp settings should I use ????
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Depends on which SMTP server you wish to use. You need to use the appropriate settings for the server. If you wish to use BT's smtp server, you need to authenticate using your xxx@btinternet.com address on mail.btinternet.com port 465 ssl selected.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

You could use your own domain's server settings or you could send emails using the BT SMTP server mail.btinternet.com, port 465, SSL ticked and authenticate with your xxxx@btinternet.com email address and password.

0 Ratings
Ossa
Message 4 of 5

Thanks to you all. I have authentcated with my email address, but where do I enter my password ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Are you using your own domains settings or BT's settings?

Depending which email client you are using there should be a tick box to "require authentication"  and a settings button.

If you are using BT's servers, click on that then enter your BT email address and password. Don't use the " Use same as incoming" 

If you are using your domains settings you could just select "use same as incoming".

0 Ratings