cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellytimber
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: SMTP fail using Outlook, password rejected contantly, okay on webmail

I have had the same issues on a Mac an iPhone a windows pc with outlook Mac with mail airmail thunderbird spark email clients in two different locations with two different isp  still will not allow me to send via SMTP I have 5 Macs one windows all the same issue with BT. BT still give me the same line that if webmail and the bt app works there is nothing wrong with the server. I have contacted Apple and airmail they both say Server issue  also 6 calls to BT with the same ending. Last week on the app I was getting a red error message server outage which has now stopped.  I use Premium mail . all I want is the integration with my os????? now going to call BT for the seventh time !!  three weeks without proper service 

and on the BT site is says you can use app webmail or email client to access your mail. seems one doesn't wot all all

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
bellytimber
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

What happened to SMTP ??? NO WEB CLIENTS WORK

I have been having issues with login to my email account.  I have 3 Mac laptops 2 running Catalina  and an old one using a previous OS a windows laptop using windows and outlook  2 iPhones  running iOS 

I have thunderbird mail, spark mail, apple mail ,outlook and airmail all reject my outgoing mail!

this has been going on for over a week. deleted accounts on multiple devices changed password multiple times contacted apple, airmail support and BT by chat and telephone I must have put in at least 3hrs of calls and many more on chat. nobody knows how to fix. Apple says that if the SMTP is rejecting its a BT  server issue .

have tested the SMTP connection through a second party web app and the SMTP disconnects  see below

Starting SMTP test of: mail.btinternet.com0.00s
Resolved IP address to: 213.120.69.880.07s
Connection: opening to 213.120.69.88:465, timeout=15 
Connection: opened0.14s
<10.36s
SMTP connection established 
SMTP NOTICE: EOF caught while checking if connected 
Connection: closed 
SMTP Error: Called HELO without being connected

this says basically that BT server disconnected 

BT continues to use the same line if the web app works and webmail works through a browser and nothing shows up as a fault on their server , it's  an end user issue.  This can not be correct multiple platforms and multiple clients still same fault.  I would like to add that all of the operatives I have spoken with have been patient understanding and as helpful as they can be but the issue remains unresolved.    just want to use my email client as it is integrated into my os and webmail is clunky and not at all integrated . I  have tried everything available to me including setting up my  laptop with a new user so clean system. I set up mail account same problem.  I could rant for days here but that also adds to the pain and stress by all the time wasted. can anybody shed some light?  thank you

0 Ratings
bellytimber
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Outgoing emails (SMTP) not sending on either port 587 or 465 (iPhone or Outlook on PC). Webmail

it seems you have given good advice previously> I have the same issue but it has been going on for 8 days and no solution in sight surely its a BT server issue . your thoughts appreciated!

What happened to SMTP ??? NO WEB CLIENTS WORK

I have been having issues with login to my email account.  I have 3 Mac laptops 2 running Catalina  and an old one using a previous OS a windows laptop using windows and outlook  2 iPhones  running iOS 

I have thunderbird mail, spark mail, apple mail ,outlook and airmail all reject my outgoing mail!

this has been going on for over a week. deleted accounts on multiple devices changed password multiple times contacted apple, airmail support and BT by chat and telephone I must have put in at least 3hrs of calls and many more on chat. nobody knows how to fix. Apple says that if the SMTP is rejecting its a BT  server issue .

have tested the SMTP connection through a second party web app and the SMTP disconnects  see below

this says basically that BT server disconnected 

BT continues to use the same line if the web app works and webmail works through a browser and nothing shows up as a fault on their server , it's  an end user issue.  This can not be correct multiple platforms and multiple clients still same fault.  I would like to add that all of the operatives I have spoken with have been patient understanding and as helpful as they can be but the issue remains unresolved.    just want to use my email client as it is integrated into my os and webmail is clunky and not at all integrated . I  have tried everything available to me including setting up my  laptop with a new user so clean system. I set up mail account same problem.  I could rant for days here but that also adds to the pain and stress by all the time wasted. can anybody shed some light?  thank you

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Re: Outgoing emails (SMTP) not sending on either port 587 or 465 (iPhone or Outlook on PC). Webmail

I have moved your posts about the same problem onto your own thread so that any answers you may get are relevant to your problem and do not cause confusion with answers intended for other posters.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Are you a residential BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account.

0 Ratings