cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wests
Message 1 of 8

Re: Screen resolution on BT Yahoo browser

BT Yahoo Viewing Problems:

Since the new look has appeared, I find the Viewing windows to read my emails, too small.

The viewing windows does nnot fill the screen like before the new look. One has keep using the

horizontal scroll bars in order to read a message. All this fuss to see pretty coloured background

images. I prefer the simple web email we had before, without all the coloured background,

which I find also makes reading the text a little tiring on the eyes - I'm im my 60's.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

@wests wrote:

BT Yahoo Viewing Problems:

Since the new look has appeared, I find the Viewing windows to read my emails, too small.

The viewing windows does nnot fill the screen like before the new look. One has keep using the

horizontal scroll bars in order to read a message. All this fuss to see pretty coloured background

images. I prefer the simple web email we had before, without all the coloured background,

which I find also makes reading the text a little tiring on the eyes - I'm im my 60's.

Is there a "settings" option where you can change the screen layout?

Perhaps to display the preview below the mail listing instead of all across?

That option is available in the new BT Mail, which you should obtain eventually.

Someone has posted several times today regarding a "classic" view option.

Also 125% zoom seems to be a standard setting for those over 60 (or over 70). Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Like the contributor above, I too have issues with the e mail display following the long awaited changes to BT yahoo mail.

Mine took effect on 24th April, and what I have is an Inbox with dark grey background qith white lettering, and the surrouding (inbox, draft sent etc) plus the horizontal ABOVE the inbox a horrible ahade of yellow/green.   Being greeted with this upon logging in, is very off putting.

I did try BT call centre to no avail, so I am hoping the powers of the community will persuade BT to examine the current set up to see whether it complies with legislation, as for the older person.    Silver surfers as we are known, are finding it difficult to read some of the displays, and also to adjust or remove the interfernce of advertsing, which seems to be monopolising the screens.

Might I suggest there is a help section set up which highlights the changes from previous mail to the new version of BT yahoo, and how they can be altered to suit the user rather than the system. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

OAP41, Just in case you think you have been migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail I suspect you have not. All that has happened to your account is that you have been subjected to an "upgrade" of the Yahoo email system. This is not the long awaited changes to BTYahoo mail.

To confirm this you should use this link which will tell you which system you are on.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

If you want to change the look of your email and assuming you are on BTYahoo, if you log onto your email and look for the "cog" icon at the top right of the screen.Click on it and you will see a drop down menus. Select "themes" . Once there you can select a theme for your email that suits your needs.

0 Ratings
OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thank you for detailed info, Yes I am still on BR Yahoo, but with all the notifications of changes to mail, it does get confusing when suddenly the screens change.
Anyway thanks again.
0 Ratings
OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi, Sorry to be a nuisance and possibly vague ! but broadband is necessity rather than choice.

I did revert to the older settings, and confirm I am still on BT yahoo.     Currently I am getting a message saying "unsupported internet browser" and following the link it suggests Firefox.   Did go onto that once but found it intrusive, so reverted back.

Also found another link within the BT site for OE 11 but trying to download that, it could not support it and suggested OE 8

To my knowledge I have OE9 in operation, and my system is Windows Vista, with BT Basic broadband.

Are these downloads designed for windows 7 and above rather than Vista. ??

Apologies again for not being  computer literate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Windows Vista only supports up to Internet Explorer 9. The BT browser is Internet Explorer 11 so it will not work on your computer.

Your only options are to use either Firefox or Chrome browser or you will continue using the basic settings in Internet Explorer 9.

From a security point of view, IE9 is now getting a bit long in the tooth and you should consider using one of the above browsers which are possibly more secure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
OAP41
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thank you for this info, very much appreciated.

I shall try Firefox.

Many thanks.
0 Ratings