Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Re: Selected account BT Mail Account unavailable

Go to solution

I nowhave this problem as well after 8 years of correct operation. Been passed arround numerous BT help desks but none able to deal with it (ie non techies). Mention elsewhere is made of "Tier 2 Email team" who may be the right people. How do I get in contact with them?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 26

how do I contact JohnC2 who is a moderator who has experience of dealing with my problem

Go to solution

how do I contact JohnC2 who is a moderator who has experience of dealing with my problem?

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Re: how do I contact JohnC2 who is a moderator who has experience of dealing with my problem

Go to solution

New to this forum and can't see a reply to my question although a repeat of my question is posted as a reply

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

Re: how do I contact JohnC2 who is a moderator who has experience of dealing with my problem

Go to solution

this is a customer help customer forum - your post does not go to BT

people will reply to your post when and if they think they can help

do you use your email account regularly - daily/weekly

are you having problems when entering password?

did you try search facility as there a numerous posts like yours

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

Iam completely new to forums and have difficulty understanding who I am talking to, who I should be talking to and how the stem works. My problem is exactly the same as the person you arranged for the BT team to contact and fix the Account Unavailable. Could you do the same for me or let me know how to contact the relevant BT tech people. I get nowhere going through the ordinary help desk number who know nothing about tech issues

Regards

Desmond

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

Please stop posting the same problem on multiple threads. It will not get you a faster response.

I have moved you onto your own thread so that you get a response relevant to your problem.

You need to give some extra details such as:

Are you still a BT customer?

If you are when did you last use the email system?

Is your email on the BTYahoo email system or the BTMail system?

How do you normally access your email. Is it via a web browser or by using an email client?

Have you changed your password recently?

Are you able to log on to webmail using this link.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Hi, Reset your password from bt.com/forgotpassword, this is the only workaround for this error and something else called 0781 errors. If this does not work, reset it a few more times before trying to contact as this will be faster.

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

Thank you for this. Have clicked "Change login details" on the login screen at bt.com-email option. It then asks for an email address to send a Pin to. This is circular as my BT email address is not showing the emails so I couldn't see the pin. If I put in a non BT email address it rejects it.

This has been going for a week with inumerable suggestions from all as to how to fix. It seems easiest if somenone in BT can just delete my email addresses that were setup under my previous broadband account and I can then set up the same email addresses under my new broadband account which allows me 10 email addresses. Just have to accept thatall my acumulated unseen emails will disappear.

How to I get BT to delete the old addresses?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

If BT delete your old email addresses they are gone for good and can not be set up again on another account.

If you are trying to access email addresses that you had on a previous BT Broadband account did you pay for BT Premium email when you closed that BT broadband account?

If you did not pay for BT Premium email or have your email accounts added to another BT Broadband account it could be that BT have now deleted them and as such you would not be able to access them.

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Thank you for the info that a BT email address once deleted cannot be reused on a different account.

The previous BT broadband account was (mistakenly by BT) closed a week before the upgraded broadband went live. They gave me no indiction that my existing email would be affected by the upgrade.

However they can't have been deleted because I can still login to the accounts with my usual username/password and the email screen shows at the top left "Hello -- xxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com -- Log Out" (this has always been there). Only difference is the screen is empty of any emails which presumably can be attributed to the "Account Unavailable" error message on entry.

Additionally, all the people sending me emails on the address have not being getting any non-deliverable messages.

0 Ratings