Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Selected account BT Mail Account unavailable

Go to solution

You need to edit your post to take out your email address. This is a public forum and you could end up getting inundated with spam.

When BT delete an email account it would not necessarily cause a bounce.

If all you did was upgrade your BT Broadband from one package to another it should not have changed any of your email accounts etc.

It would appear that there is nothing that any of the forum members will be able to assist with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Much appreciate your help Distinguished Sage. Will wait for BT to make initial contact. My Preferences Privacy page shows "Default, Show email address to no one". Is there somewhere else I should take action?

Regards

Desmond

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @desmond_cangley sorry that you are unable to get access to your email account. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us over your details. You can contact us but clicking on my username and selecting contact the mods.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

@desmond_cangley wrote:

Much appreciate your help Distinguished Sage. Will wait for BT to make initial contact. My Preferences Privacy page shows "Default, Show email address to no one". Is there somewhere else I should take action?

Regards

Desmond

You typed it in the text of your post, the mods have subsequently edited out for you as you can only edit posts for one hour after posting.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Hi @desmond_cangley, I'd like you to know that I am takin...

Go to solution

Hi @desmond_cangley,

I'd like you to know that I am taking over this for you and have begun moving the emails across to your correct account for you. I'll check up on it again in the morning but can you try and log into your emails for me when you see this please? Let me know if you get in ok or if you get an error message.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Re: Hi @desmond_cangley, I'd like you to know that I am takin...

Go to solution

Hi DanielS,

Thank you for taking this over. Went to BT.com, selected Email on top right of screen, logged in with *****@btinternet.com and my usual password. Got in OK as usual but error message box "Account Unavailable". The mail screen was complete (with "hello --*****@btinternet.com" at top right) but no emails.

To expand a bit on the history over past week. First problem was an account lock screen due to an unspecified security failure. This was fixed after a couple of days by a software engineer (Sourav?) but a day or so later the current problem appeared.

Regards

Desmond

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

You've done it again. Please remove your email address from your posting. You will get more spam than you know how to deal with.

0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

As mentioned in 5 posts ago, I have no idea how or where to do this. Tried Preferences/Privacy but this already shows Default/No email address

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution
As I mentioned, it's not the settings, you are putting your email address in the message itself that you are posting. There is an option to edit messages after sending but it is only available for one hour.
0 Ratings
desmond_cangley
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

I am now in the data entry page in reply to your last post. Is it is the tick box "Email me when someone replies" that should be unticked? If yes, this option is very useful and a great timesaver. No spam yet over the last 18 posts but should I expect it soon?

Desmond 

0 Ratings