cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband - why is it so difficult?

I too have been experiencing difficulties.  I have had an email saying they are setting up Premium emails but nothing has happened. I want to use Thunderbird to manage my emails as I have always done, but since having to set up a EE Wifi account with BT as it cannot provide more than 3.5MB bandwidth I am deemed to have left BT. 

How long should this take and why is it taking an inordinate length of time to set up 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting up BT Premium mail when leaving BT Broadband - why is it so difficult?

No idea why you are concerned how long it is taking, the longer it takes the less you are paying. There is absolutely no technical changes involved, it is purely a billing admin exercise. 'Premium Mail' is exactly the same service as standard mail, just £7.50/m

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If you already had your email accounts set up in Thunderbird and the BT Premium Email account is active you should not have had to set the email accounts up again in T'bird.

When you log onto your account via your MyBT and go to "Your Product" > "Mail Manage" what type of account does it show you have?

Have you tried to contact the BT Premium Email Team on 0808 100 6778 . They should be able to tell you if you have a BT Premium email account and assist you.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the direct number for Premium emails.  BT have admitted they have made a mistake and have created two accounts for us which are not connected and they are supposed to be sorting the problem out. When I log into my account, it says "Sorry you are leaving" sign up for Premium emails, which I have done.  Nothing has happened for over a week.  This part of a longer standing problem with BT which has not been sorted out either.  

0 Ratings