cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: Talk21 email

Hi.

I am having problems accessing my talk21 account and when I call bt they say it does not exist!

I called Amazon to change there but they are telling me its active and they cannot change it so I now have no access to my Amazon account and their solution is to set up a new account as the password reset goes to the talk 21 account!

Any help appreciated 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@Leab77 

Are you a BT Broadband customer, or are you paying £7.50 a month for BT Premium Mail?

If not, then its almost certain that your account would have been deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi

Thanks for the reply, this is what I am thinking but Amazon get no bounce back so are unable to confirm this and due to their data protection policies which are probably stricter than MI6 they cannot change the password over the phone or send me a text message! 

Will need to get hold of BT somehow to see if they can confirm via email or somethign that its deleted but when i called them last time I was told they couldnt find the account

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

not sure why you called amazon because you cannot access your talk21 email account

if you used your old talk21 email address for your amazon account would you have used the same password for both email account and amazon account

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Your login at Amazon is just a text string, it just happens to be an email address. Losing access to your email won't prevent you logging in to Amazon and then changing your contact details.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Leab77wrote:

Hi.

I am having problems accessing my talk21 account and when I call bt they say it does not exist!

I called Amazon to change there but they are telling me its active and they cannot change it so I now have no access to my Amazon account and their solution is to set up a new account as the password reset goes to the talk 21 account!

Any help appreciated 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you answer the questions :- Are you a BTBroadband user or a BT Premium Email account holder (paying £7.50 per month) - your talk21 email address needs to be associated with one of these 2. If not, the email address can be deleted at any time.

Licquorice provides the information you actually need with regard Amazon login - so hopefully that's OK.

The problem could be if you've asked Amazon to alter your account password (note it's the login access to Amazon only) - and you're sent a link to your talk21 address for you to confirm a change, since your talk21 email address is within your Amazon contact details.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thank you for replying. The issue is with BT,  the only link with amazon is that my talk21 email address was what I used there so when I asked for a password reset it emailed talk 21 which I didn't have access to.

Called BT on the helpline to be told they don't deal with talk21 accounts!  

Had to tell them they do! But because I no longer have broadband with them and haven't for sometime they couldn't help me! 

Thankfully after much persuasion Amazon helped out seeing as BT on several occasions couldn't! 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@Leab77wrote:

Thank you for replying. The issue is with BT,  the only link with amazon is that my talk21 email address was what I used there so when I asked for a password reset it emailed talk 21 which I didn't have access to.

Thankfully after much persuasion Amazon helped out seeing as BT on several occasions couldn't! 

Was there a reason for an Amazon password reset?

I assume that you've now got a different email address in your Amazon account.

The BT live chat or helpdesk will not be able to help if the account has been deleted, they will be right in that it doesn't exist (what they should NOT say is that they don't deal with talk21 accounts).

There may be a chance of resurrecting the talk21 account (assuming it has just been deleted) - in that it could have gone into limbo. The only people able to check are the moderators, so hopefully they will see your post and ask you to contact them. It's only a slim chance, but it will require you signing up to BTPremium Email at £7.50 per month. At least that way you can get any contacts and emails you wish to keep (e.g. forward to another email address). It's a monthly contract, so can be stopped at any time.

0 Ratings