cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 36

Re: Terrible new email "upgrade" - is BT even listening?

Yes,  the new email is not good.  It seems to be much slower and I repeatedly get 'An unexpected error has occurred'.

It is now very difficult to fine email containing a keyword.  I found the old email excellent  and don't understand why it needed to be changed.

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Message 2 of 36

Joined BT Community as I can't find any other way of reaching BT about this issue! New email interface is a complete disaster for me. Apart from the irritating new method of moving emails, etc the main problem is inaccessibility - the font is now an unchangeable "pretty" tint of pale grey that is unreadable for those of us who have visual impairments, the font itself is also a very poor choice for readability. 

The previous version had some great settings that enabled me to change the contrast and colours and worked beautifully. Why has this been removed? Didn't BT think to check with anyone who might have less than perfect eyesight?

I am now reduced to tears trying to read and use my email. I'd only just swapped to btinternet.com - precisely because it had good accessibility. What am I supposed to do now?

Highlighted
Message 3 of 36

This new email is the worst one I have had. The font used is hard on the eyes. All my folders have been tagged to the bottom of the folder list which is now two lots of A to Z with mine at the bottom. There is no way to scroll down quickly so I have to just wait for ages till I reach my required folder. There is no way to re-arrange folders. It is constantly opening the wrong email that I click on. Quite often refusing to put the tick mark in the correct area. After a few minutes I have to download it and upload again.  Yahoo mail was much much easier to use. Why was this done without any warning. Is there any way to go back to Yahoo mail again. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 36

you are not alone  read this 138 page post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Monstrous-new-BT-email-upgrade/m-p/2054990#M82659

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 36

Hi Heather

Like you, I didn't like the new way of filing my e-mails into Folders. Now, I love it.

In "Below" mail format (choose this format from top RHS of the Mail page):

1. Either make yourself a new Folder or find the pertinent existing Folder from the LHS column. Scroll the Folder List it and get the pertinent Folder 'roughly ready for action into a visible suitable place' on the LHS of the Folder List.

2. Select the E-mail to be filed using a Left Click. There might be more than one e-mail wanting to be filed into this Folder, so select them all by ticking their select boxes. 

3. We are now going to 'Drag & Drop' it/them into the visible Folder. As you select and Drag/move them, you'll see a RED  'No Entry' sign appear. As you continue holding down your 'Left Click' this sign will change from a RED 'No Entry' sign to a Green 'Tick' as you hover the Drag over the Folder. Green is good. You can now release the Drop. Easy Peasy - Lemon Squeezy. Much, much better than the old way, IMHO.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 36

I agree. Received this message today when trying to send a small email:

andyp89_0-1597231998250.png

300Kb? Really??

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 36

YES 100%. terrible. Seen it before BT do it then spend weeks getting back to normal. No consideration for users, I have a busy day today... does my email work like it did yesterday...

Gone, automatic retrieval of some email addresses for new email... apparently at random. Gone, search magnifier to a quick search of senders email history Gone, search magnifier to a quick search of email title to show threads Unread emails in bold but current emails being viewed also bold... confusion reigns. History search now clumsy. Cant forward emails to myself for reuse as could before AND what about the phone version? No capitalisation for new sentences and new para lines... not even the first word of the email gets an automatic capital. NOT IMPRESSED

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 36

The new upgrade is dreadful: far too many bugs.  Messages stating server problem a daily occurrence, it is very slow, notification of messages supposedly in the inbox is quite prompt but it can be many minutes before the message is actually available in the ibox.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 36

The more you look the worse it gets

Used to have tabs to open multiple emails so you could paste from one or more to a new email!  That's Gone!

Use to keep emails as unread and mark them off individually... now they are all automatically marked as "read" no choice.

Filtering of particular folder... gone!

I don't understand BT's logic... existing users are inconvenienced and irritated... is this now going to be the basis of a flood of new subscribers? I don't think so!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 36

Indeed, I have only been using the new system for a few day and it has led to much frustration and annoyance. I shall be leaving and going to gmail!