cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 36

Re: Terrible new email "upgrade" - is BT even listening?

Yes that exactly what should happen, no consultation and a cobbled-together system.

I have not seen a single thing that is a real improvement!

I can not search by attachments properly, I have no history later (yes later not earlier) than 2016... what sort of system is that! My most recent 5 years have gone I cant search on them, but I can see from 2010 to 2016. Pathetic!

For years, there has been an option to use the classic version of the email system... gone! Why no similar option for this change!

I have 48,000 emails in my history, that the only thing that holds me.

It is a disgrace.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 36

My Latest and Best Discovery YET

I use my phone to look at emails. I want to look in the sent box! The names of recipients are not shown.  BUT my name as the sender is shown line after line after line.

How STUPID is the NEW SYSTEM!

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 36

It won't even load up on my phone - I just get the three purple squares flashing away and nothing more. The page on the PC is not much better, regularly get error messages and unable to delete. Would have been okay if we could have opted to keep the old format. I'm just waiting to get a couple of things sorted then I'm off elsewhere, been with BT for 20 years and had some ups and downs but this is just ridiculous and they don't even seem to care.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 36

We are all saying the same thing: this new email is a disaster. I also get the 'unexpected error' message repeatedly - when I'm trying to delete or move. Restore the previous version. It was very good and worked well.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 36

I hope BT responds to all of us saying the same thing. This new email is a disaster as many people are outlining the this forum. THere's so much wrong with it. Entirely user- UNFRIENDLY. I'd like to leave and go with my Gmail account. Really, really bad. How can such a large company with so many users make such a mess? 

RETURN to the previous system which worked absolutely fine. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 36

@ALN wrote:

I hope BT responds to all of us saying the same thing. This new email is a disaster as many people are outlining the this forum. THere's so much wrong with it. Entirely user- UNFRIENDLY. I'd like to leave and go with my Gmail account. Really, really bad. How can such a large company with so many users make such a mess? 

RETURN to the previous system which worked absolutely fine. 

If you have a Gmail account, just use that to collect your BT mail, no need to use the BTMail system if you don't want to.

Highlighted
Message 17 of 36

Totally agree, the new e-mail is awful.

-E-mail addresses of people who I haven't saved to contact no longer come up when I try to send them an e-mail.

- Can't filter by unread messages

-Can't have more than one e-mail open

-I constantly get error messages when trying to move or delete e-mails - really concerned I will lose massively important e-mails through this glitch. God forbid I try to move or delete more than one at a time!!

-New e-mails don't show up until I refresh repeatedly, they used to.

-The search function doesn't work properly

-The font is awful.

-The folders have so many new hover over features that every time I try to click on a folder it tries to let me change the name of it...

BT really need to sort this out ASAP. The e-mail system is now completely unusuable. In the meantime if anyone has any insight on how to make it more bearable, let me know!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 36

@cajackson86 wrote:

-E-mail addresses of people who I haven't saved to contact no longer come up when I try to send them an e-mail. Only addresses that were saved into your contacts list were carried over during the migration. Addresses that were in  "recently used" could not be transferred but they should now re-populate when you use the email system. 

- Can't filter by unread messages You can. If you are using a "preview" view you will see above your list of emails beside the search box an icon that looks like a funnel. If you click on that you will be given various option including sort by unread.

-Can't have more than one e-mail open Yes you can. Again if using a "preview" view if you double click on an email in the list it will open in a new window. You can open as many new windows as you wish. You will however have to close each of them individually when you are finished with them.

-I constantly get error messages when trying to move or delete e-mails - really concerned I will lose massively important e-mails through this glitch. God forbid I try to move or delete more than one at a time!! This is a known problem that BT are aware of. As a work around you can select all the emails you want to delete by clicking on the box to the left of email in the list and then drag and drop the emails into the Trash bin.

-New e-mails don't show up until I refresh repeatedly, they used to. 

-The search function doesn't work properly

-The font is awful. You can change the font etc when you write a new email but it will revert to the default font each time you compose a new email.

-The folders have so many new hover over features that every time I try to click on a folder it tries to let me change the name of it... If you place your cursor over the actual folder and not the "rename folder" icon that won't happen.

BT really need to sort this out ASAP. The e-mail system is now completely unusuable. In the meantime if anyone has any insight on how to make it more bearable, let me know!

BT are working on the problems. See link.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 36

@cajackson86 wrote:

The system is complete cr*p and BT (if it is them) is talking complete cr*p

-E-mail addresses of people who I haven't saved to contact no longer come up when I try to send them an e-mail. Only addresses that were saved into your contacts list were carried over during the migration. NO that is not true I am having to set up many old contacts Addresses that were in  "recently used" could not be transferred but they should now re-populate when you use the email system.   That is not how it works, Why would we have to re-populate the emails we have been using recently. Great customer service!!!

- Can't filter by unread messages You can. If you are using a "preview" view you will see above your list of emails beside the search box an icon that looks like a funnel. If you click on that you will be given various option including sort by unread. You try that and see what happens. 1) if the preview is at the bottom of the screen there is no funnel it only appears if the preview is at the side. If you filter on un read it lists them in REVERSE chronological order... so those from 2018 appear first and you have to go all the way down to see you most recent un-reads! Pathetic!

-Can't have more than one e-mail open Yes you can. Again if using a "preview" view if you double click on an email in the list it will open in a new window. You can open as many new windows as you wish. You will however have to close each of them individually when you are finished with them. yes you can but each is in a separate pane.. Or should I say pain. The tabs were much easier to use! Clealy the designer was never a user!

-I constantly get error messages when trying to move or delete e-mails - really concerned I will lose massively important e-mails through this glitch. God forbid I try to move or delete more than one at a time!! This is a known problem that BT are aware of. As a work around you can select all the emails you want to delete by clicking on the box to the left of email in the list and then drag and drop the emails into the Trash bin.  This is a known problem since the system was changed without any consultation!   It was never a problem before!  Please don't treat us like we are stupid!

-New e-mails don't show up until I refresh repeatedly, they used to.   NO ANSWER TO THAT ONE

-The search function doesn't work properly. NO ANSWER TO THAT ONE

-The font is awful. You can change the font etc when you write a new email but it will revert to the default font each time you compose a new email.  Great... spend your life changing it to something usable... so you can change it back again!  Pathetic. Read the poem Albert and the lion! That the same attitude!

-The folders have so many new hover over features that every time I try to click on a folder it tries to let me change the name of it... If you place your cursor over the actual folder and not the "rename folder" icon that won't happen.    Oh should have known that! Our fault then!

BT are working on the problems. See link.   There were NO problems before we were all happy!   Why not give the same option as before where we could use the classic view (in this case the pre-changed view) until you actually do sort it out!

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

And what about the mobile version... it so cr*p it can't even put capital letters at the start of the text, a new sentence, or a new paragraph.  If you look at  search on Sents the sender's name appears on every line NEVER the recipients.

Unfortunately, you are incompetent! But you don't realise it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 36

KEB1

I would like to point out that this is a customer to customer forum.

In case you don't know what that means it means that the people who reply to posts, myself included are customers just like you and are not employed by BT or had any part in the design or implementation of the email system.

When they reply they are generally trying to help the poster use the email system.

They try to do that constructively and without ranting which you clearly prefer to do.