cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 21 of 36

Re: Terrible new email "upgrade" - is BT even listening?

Thank you for informing me about your status.

I thought you were a BT response. I do apologise for my mistake.

What is truly disappointing is the BT are so incompetent and don't seem to care!.  

I was definitely not wishing to embarrass you or offend you!

Kevin

PS Never the less I think my technical comments are correct!  At least they are on my computer!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 36

@KEB1 wrote:

PS Never the less I think my technical comments are correct!  At least they are on my computer!

... and so are mine!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 23 of 36

I think not!

I have been using BT internet since 2010 and have almost 50,000 emails in my history (which, incidentally, I can no longer access properly).  It was never perfect but it was good enough!  I used it to run my business for 10 years.

There is nothing to be gained by saying the system is acceptable when it isn't. 

Your comments are the only one's I have seen in support of (dare I say defending) any aspect of the new version. Perhaps your intent is to help other users use the system rather than support BT, and I misunderstood your intentions!

I have said I was wrong if I offended you (by accident)  thinking you were speaking for BT!  Perhaps you should accept that to be that case

Kind regards. Kevin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 36

Have you been using the email system on my computer and know how it performs on my computer? I think not!!

Where in my posts did I say I support, defend or say that the BT email system was acceptable?

I was giving advice to a poster as to how he/she may be able to use the email system until such times as it is sorted out by BT.

I think you should go and lie down in a darkened room and let your blood pressure normalise!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 36

It's an absolutely awful system and should be thrown away.

1) You type in the address bar. In pops suggestions, but with 1500 contacts they are all the unfamiliar ones, I can't even find my wife quickly

2) The search function is dreadful

3) It drops out all the time, you move/delete and it often won't do it. It's lost all the certainty

E Mail is my mobile office/storage, it's now unfit for purpose

I've lost all faith in it. I tried to find an E mail I wrote last week, I can't, it's that hard

I can't even open a yahoo account as it ****** drags me back to this pig of an upgrade

It's horrible, no other word for it

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 26 of 36

I understand that but then how do ensure that we are listened to? I have tried to log a complaint by speaking with a BT employee and although he tried his best to be helpful it came to nothing. He was quite insistent that it was something wrong with my system and suggested that I use another server. 

Having explained that it was the email development that was at fault he offered to lodge a complaint it took at least 20 mins to get this far. This complaint was then closed by BT within 24 hours and marked as resolved! It most definitely was not resolved.

I would be very willing to take advice should there be a better way to ensure that BT are listening to the many, many complaints that are in this customer forum at present.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 36

shocking mess

I will have to stop reading the posts in here because we customers are all saying the same thing: the 'new' email is completely awful and unusable.  I really can't get my head around how BT created such a disaster.

BT: reinstate what we had before which, we the customers, found just fine. As someone said, you used to offer the option of keeping the 'old' interface/system. And that's what a lot of us opted for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please BT do what we are clamouring for: bring back what we had. Major balls up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

Re: shocking mess

@ALN wrote:

I will have to stop reading the posts in here because we customers are all saying the same thing: the 'new' email is completely awful and unusable.  I really can't get my head around how BT created such a disaster.

BT: reinstate what we had before which, we the customers, found just fine. As someone said, you used to offer the option of keeping the 'old' interface/system. And that's what a lot of us opted for. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please BT do what we are clamouring for: bring back what we had. Major balls up.

In case you are not aware, your email accounts have not been "upgraded" as such. They have been migrated away from BTYahoo which was operated by Yahoo and placed onto the BTMail email system which is operated by BT.

BTYahoo and BTMail are two entirely separate systems and once migrated away from BTYahoo onto the BTMail system there is no going back.

BT hope to complete the migration of all BTYahoo email accounts onto the BTMail system by the end of 2020 when they will severe all ties with Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 29 of 36

Which will hopefully mean that folks on BT can use the Yahoo E mail service independently.  At present I can't find a way as I keep getting transferred back to this wonderful new system.

Unless people know a way

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 36

You always could use a Yahoo email address independently of a BTYahoo one just as you can use gmail or any other email service. 

What you can not do is use your BT email address as a Yahoo email address.

You would need to set up a new Yahoo email account by going to the Yahoo web page and email logon then create the new account.

0 Ratings