cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Re: The Dreaded Error Code 553

Go to solution

I have same issue error 553.  I can't send certain emails - had problem first a month ago, it cleared up quickly, however again now since last Tues.  I don't have another VPN on laptop.  I have changed IP address 3 times in last 3 days, no change.  IP address does not appear on blocklist at whatismyipaddress.com.  I need to be able to send these emails, they are the same as I have sent for years.  I have tried everything suggested in any thread on this subject and am at the end of my tether with it.  I am only sending customer confirmations of order with attached order/receipt.  No spam !!  Can you help please ??  I contacted BT business chat and they said because the email address was set up originally from a retail account, several years before I switched to a business account, they could not help me.  I had previously contacted retail who passed me to BT business help on chat !!  No help from either so here seems my last option .....

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Go to solution

@LexLu 

Are you currently a BT Business User, as they use Outlook365 not the residential email system which is not reliable enough for business usage. 

If you are still using your old residential email, then you need to move over to the proper BT Business email system using btconnect email adresses.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I am currently BT business and have been for over 8 years.  I need all the info though in my sent items still ??

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Yes I am currently BT business and have been for over 8 years.  I need all the info though in my sent items still ??  So how do I go about this please ??

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

You would need to find a way of copying your "sent" folder over to your Outlook account.

You could use an IMAP email client like Thunderbird which would create a copy of all your folders on your PC which you may be able to import into Outlook.

If your business email address (IMAP) can be added to Thunderbird, then it makes it easier, as you can simply copy from one folder to another, and they should sync up.

You may find another forum member who can help.

Have you tried asking on the BT Business Forum?

https://business.forums.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Does your BT email address end with @btinternet.com or @btconnect.com?

You mentioned in your first post that your email account was set up when you were a BT retail customer and not a BT business customer. When you switched to a BT Business broadband account did you change your email to a BT Business one or did you just continue to use the BT retail one?

If you retained the retail one and this is what you are now referring to as having the problem, did you affiliate/attach it to a BT Broadband account?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

When I changed to BT business I just kept the btinternet.com email address as nobody said to do any different and I was not aware until today that my email xxxx@btinternet.com wasn't a business email.  I can't recall doing anything myself to affiliate the account, however BT use this email address to send me bills/communicate/send me payment receipts - it is the only BT email I have.  I used this email address to register this account too on community today.  What a nightmare....

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks but I already have a business email attached to my website so wouldn't attempt to have another BT email address anyway.  I have a tech guy who can probable copy all my btinternet.com folders, what a pain, a nightmare.  Thanks for replying

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

How do you access the BTMail email account, do you use a web browser or an email client/app?

Can you log onto the MyBT account that the BTMail account is affiliated to and go to "Your Products, manage" then "Email, manage".

Once there check to see what Account type is the email account? It should be one of the following:- Standard, Premium or Basic.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

I have logged into MY BT-Manage email account and these are the options:

What can we help with?

Go back to: Email help

I have an awful feeling when my btinternet.com email was set up about 12 years ago, the BT residential email was not in my name.  Thanks

0 Ratings